SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-19, 03:36 PM   #1
K-61
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 0
Default Addled old salt requesting assistance from veteran modders

Hello all.

As mentioned earlier, upon my return to the forum after being absent for some years due to a serious health issue, I am getting back to the game. I used to run it on an ASUS gaming notebook, quite well; before that on a decent desktop system under XP. I was very adept at installing patches, mods and manually editing game files.

In late 2014 I had a set of seizures in one day, never having had any seizures before then, so an out of the blue thing. Upon investigation it was found that I had a brain tumor with large fluid sac which was building pressure inside my skull. In the spring of 2015 I had surgery to remove it. Fortunately it was benign, and I am recovering, though I do seem to have some lingering issues. The most serious are short term memory impairment and difficulty converting short term memory into long term memory, and a tendency to cognitive overload. I can absorb so much new information and handle so much stress, then I start to "blue screen" like an old Windows computer. I also feel rather "diminished" in a way "upstairs." This is why I am struggling with reinstalling and configuring this game, whereas in the past it was rather quite easy.

As a result of this I am struggling with game installation on my old ASUS notebook; [I am planning to try LSH2015 when my new desktop arrives] but it is slowly coming back to me. I know the usual suggestion is to "read the manual" and I have been doing that, but I would just like to ask a simple question and then not bother anyone again. I can get the game going, patched to version 1,4b with no disc in the drive [I own a North American DVD version with Starforce, which has not been enabled via the "no disc" files.]

My simple question has to do with in which order I install the following:

Game is patched to 1.4b, no disc installation. Running as administrator in W7 compatibility.

Would like to install:

JSGME 3.2
SH3 Commander
JSGME config files for GWX
GWX Gold
H.sie patch V16B
Stiebler's 4C_V16B1 patch to H.sie patch V16B
A 1020 x 1980 widescreen GUI, likely ARB
Das Boot crew mod [makes officers look like Das Boot actors]

I suppose the gist of it is, do I install the H.sie and Stiebler files before GWX or after? Also, at what point in the above do I enable the mods within GWX Gold, and should a GUI be the last mod to go in?

Thank you in advance for your tolerance and patience.

K-61

Last edited by K-61; 11-29-19 at 03:54 PM.
K-61 is offline   Reply With Quote