SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-04-08, 04:32 PM   #1
treblesum81
Frogman

Downloads: 71
Uploads: 0
Default SH4 v1.5?

I've heard references to a version 1.5 patch, but I can't seem to find it anywhere from Ubisoft... Is there something I'm missing, or is it just not released yet?

Thanks,
Greg
treblesum81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-08, 05:01 PM   #2
TheBlobThing
Soundman

Downloads: 39

Patch v 1.5 is included in U-boat missions expansions. Only way to get it is to buy that.
TheBlobThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-08, 05:09 PM   #3
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by treblesum81
I've heard references to a version 1.5 patch, but I can't seem to find it anywhere from Ubisoft... Is there something I'm missing, or is it just not released yet?
Use Search lately?

ROW Sound Effects Contributor
RFB Team Leader
LukeFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-08, 06:24 PM   #4
treblesum81
Frogman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeFF
Quote:
Use Search lately?
Yes, all the time... too bad our lovely forum search drops almost anything with less than 4 characters so "sh4 1.5 patch" gets me a nice list of patch threads...
Old 05-04-08, 06:52 PM   #5
Fincuan
Admiral

Downloads: 39

Quote:
Yes, all the time... too bad our lovely forum search drops almost anything with less than 4 characters so "sh4 1.5 patch" gets me a nice list of patch threads...
Doh! Isn't the purpose of the search to get a list of threads matching the search criteria? Searching with "sh4 1.5 patch" and limiting the search to only SH4 forums will give you at least three "wtf is patch 1.5" threads right on the first result page.
Fincuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-08, 11:18 PM   #6
treblesum81
Frogman

Yes, that is the purpose of using search, I just feel that it should not be dropping search terms like "IXB", "SH4", or "1.5", as these are important and distinctive qualifiers for this particular website.

Oh, and I went back and did the search as you said, and found the first reference to the SH4 1.5 patch on page 5 after spending 15-20 min looking through different possible threads... The reality is I ask because I don't have that extra time to waste every time I've got a question that isn't so easy to search for...

Greg

PS: Any one of you could have just answered the question without pulling low blows... I sense a lot of animosity on the SH4 forum that just isn't there on the SH3 forum... I wonder what the cause is?
Old 05-05-08, 12:13 AM   #7
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 5

Quote:
PS: Any one of you could have just answered the question without pulling low blows... I sense a lot of animosity on the SH4 forum that just isn't there on the SH3 forum... I wonder what the cause is?
The question has been asked over and over and over and over again on these forums about what 1.5 is, and if the search function here doesn't give a good result, you can always use Google's advanced search function to find "1.5 patch" threads right here on Subsim.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&a...i=&safe=images

Not very difficult, now is it? Took me less than a minute to find what I was looking for.

ROW Sound Effects Contributor
RFB Team Leader
LukeFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-08, 12:30 AM   #8
Archie
Medic

Location: The South Pacific, No, Really.... The South Pacific
Downloads: 73

For goodness sake treblesum81, don't get him started about people asking questions....

"I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'"
President John F. Kennedy,
Archie is offline   Reply With Quote