SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-02-12, 02:22 AM   #1
Tempest555
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 0
Default Is this SH3 sinking effect in SH4 something new?

All I did tweak the VAL file and added Ocean Blue uploaded by
Laufen zum Ziel damage textures from this SH3 graphic mod from our download section.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...do=file&id=962

and got a sinking effect I never had before (I don't know how many torpedoes I put in this SH3 tub working damage and sinking without getting this-until tonight.) No damage on the hull shows-so something isn't pointing somewhere. But I never got a split hull Did the damage textures (only tga-no dds) tell the hull to split because of some SH3 controllers in SH4?? Who knows.

In fact putting 6 torpedoes in it exploded to smithereens-but didn't leave a wake in it's place.

Last edited by Tempest555; 08-02-12 at 03:43 AM.
Tempest555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-12, 03:24 AM   #2
Tempest555
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 0

Not the elaborate SH4 damage-but it shows damage to an SH3 ship in SH4.
It's late gotta go to work tomorrow.
I put back in an untweaked VAL file (since I had deleted the damage texture node)and saved the downloaded damaged textures under a new name-both in dds and tga in MISC/DATA since both SH3 damage textures shared the same name with SH4 damage textures. The SH4 textures never worked-they just made the hull shimmer where there was damage. They are only probably used by SH4 ship (SH3 damage textures I used I gave it a name like Expl1_mask01_a.tga)[added a 1]. Had to change the names in the MISC file and also the VAL file where it notates the damage textures in the SH3 ship. Still have to tweak the VAL since I was only looking for graphic of damage. Split hull is new to me in the upstairs post for an SH3 vessel in SH4.

So I have 2 VAL files-one gives me a split hull and one shows damage. Now to reconcile them.
The vessel is the S01B_ ore carrier from IABL Ships for NYGM 3 SH3 merchant mod. Wanted an 'ugly' Maru floating in my Mod Soup.

Last edited by Tempest555; 08-02-12 at 03:53 AM.
Tempest555 is offline   Reply With Quote