SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-27-07, 02:17 PM   #1
Kresge
Engineer

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Default Age of Empires III - Need package details

I played the AoE III demo last night (until 3am) and obviously liked it. For anyone who has it I have a question: what do you get in the box? Does it have a good manual, etc.? If it's just a CD and nothing else I don't know if I'll be too wiling to pay $50 right now; maybe hold off for it to go down in price after a while and keep myself happy with the demo for now.

Thanks!
Old 01-28-07, 05:50 PM   #2
Kresge
Engineer

Anybody? Anybody?
Come on, somebody around here has to have it. I just want to know how big the manual is and if it has good details.

Maybe I'll just have to go to Target and shake the box
Old 01-29-07, 02:02 AM   #3
AJ!
Commodore

Downloads: 0

Are you sure the game is still $50? Im sure by now there should have been a few price drops on the game unless your talking about the CE

In any case i never bought the game so i wont be able to help you on this but i did enjoy the demo:p If you really liked the game id say go ahead and spend however much on it
Old 01-29-07, 04:20 AM   #4
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

I only have borrowed it from a friend for a while, but he installed it on my Computer and only borrowed me the CD in a simple box. I have seen the original Box that he kepts behind in his house, its just a plain standart manual.

the game itself is fun, but the campaign repeats himself a bit too much into a dull story. the story is a bit childish. some bad army code want the water of enternal youth if I remember right, and you fight against them in 3 different ages.

I expected some good historical fun but in place I got some dumb ass campaign story.

the graphics ans physics of the game are good, and online its fun too, but well it follows the tactics of Age of Empire 2, if you have A LOT , you just stump the heads in of the other players.

the game itself is fun for a while, but after that, well I deleted it and gave the CD back to my friend.

if the game still is 50€ well I wouldnt spend it on that. I would suggest an different RTS game, if you like Medieval times, go for ''Medieval Total war 2'' the game , the graphics the gameplay and the tactics you have to use are of the CHARTS that game just rocks your mind if you play that. I suggest if you can find it, is to try a Demo of it first. to see if you computer can handle it.

I have played the whole bunch of Age of Empire (1 2 including the expansion packs and 3)
And if I need to name the Best, its going to be Age of Empire 2 + the expansion pack.
Old 01-30-07, 04:56 PM   #5
Kresge
Engineer

Yeah, the campaign didn't interest me too much, but the regular setup I enjoyed. I think I'm going to wait a while until the game goes down in price. I checked target and Best Buy and it was still $50. my only worry is that sometimes when the prices finally drop, so does the manual. I bought Railroad Tycoon 3 for $10 the other week and love it, except it is just a jewel case package and no manual, which would prolly help a bit with that game.
Medieval Total War II, on the other hand, I think I will go out and buy now. I played the demo a bit and was impress3ed. I've played Rome TW at my buddy's house and was certainly impressed.
Old 01-30-07, 07:09 PM   #6
Bum
Gunner

Downloads: 0

I liked this game, it was a very good step for the Age of empires series. It came with a fold out civ tree map and the manual is 130 pages full of game details, strategies and stuff. Get it!
Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-07, 09:47 PM   #7
bradclark1
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 25

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...8&s=videogames

http://product.half.ebay.com/Age-of-...41122QQtgZinfo
bradclark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 04:37 PM   #8
Kresge
Engineer

Thanks Stuka, that was exactly what I wanted to know.