SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-14-21, 09:01 AM   #1
Earl_8minus0
Swabbie

Downloads: 231
Uploads: 0
Default Please Help - Step by Step Install of TWoS Mod for UBIsoft Connect

Team

Look I tried SH3 GW but the mods on top of mods with additional files that needed to be updated/added - just didn't work out for me.

I even joined your group - purchased a coffee cup of the YouTube GW guy - but I gave up and have moved to SH5 TWoS.

A weekend later and still no luck - between medication and alcohol I just don't know what I am doing right/wrong or just not doing at all.

I got Uplay updated to UBIsoft Connect - or whatever the new version is compared to my old version.

I activated my game with UBIsoft - and got it installed - it installs with v1.2 so that problem is not a problem.

I can even play SH5 - but I want to play SH5 WoS - and I think my problem is I want SH5 as a fall back - and also have SH5 WOS.

Found the MultiSH5 - and can make it activate such that I have the original SH5 and a new 5WS file/folders in my User Documents place.

I understand that I need to change the UBIsoft SH5.exe with another SH5.exe from the DVD - found like 2 or 3 of them - not really sure what if anything they do but I change them.

When I change them they still want to talk to UBIsoft Connect - and not work as a direct activation.

But OK they work - again as SH5. . .

I can run the TWoS intaller - after I make sure that the UBIsoft Connect is not running - and I can do that Patch thing and tell it I don't know how many times my install location and yes that it is ok to do whatever it is doing.

It says I did everything correctly - but that is just a lie.

When I run the SH5.exe that is now updated with the same date as the rest of the files - and ensure that I run it as Admin - all that boots up is SH5.

Help an old guy with PTSD and my only friend that understands me Jack - to get SH5 working.

I am not interested in learning a new system to drive SH4 - but if that is what I have to try next - i think the YouTube guy is going to do that next - but I am sure that will not be just one mega mod. So would like to get TWOS working.

I am located in South Korea - so time zones might be a problem - but I just wasted a weekend and half of a bottle of Jack on getting nothing started.

PS - yes every time I tried over - I removed the 5WS files from my user documents - deleted the WOS SH5 files/folders - ran CCleaner for both issues and register problems - rebooted the machine - and started again.

I looked at SubSim sites - 1 and 2 year old videos on WOS install - and I want to say I did it right - but I am missing something.

OH and I don't need no emoji comments of welcome back - I need help to get SH5 WoS working - and if you are feeling really helpful maybe get my GWX to do the wide screen stuff that the guy does on YouTube - without a line in the middle of the map - no working stop watch - and days of high winds.

Fingers crossed someone will help - but after my last cry for help on the way to change colors on Tycho's map - that got read a lot but no response - I am not going to hold my breath. I am going to take a double of Jack and pop a pill and go to bed.

Please someone help me - I will gladly do Skype - and the Discord thing for the YouTube guy - if you can tell me how to do more then read on it.

Later, stay healthy and strong.

Earl
Earl_8minus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-21, 01:37 PM   #2
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl_8minus0 View Post
Team

Look I tried SH3 GW but the mods on top of mods with additional files that needed to be updated/added - just didn't work out for me.

I even joined your group - purchased a coffee cup of the YouTube GW guy - but I gave up and have moved to SH5 TWoS.

A weekend later and still no luck - between medication and alcohol I just don't know what I am doing right/wrong or just not doing at all.

I got Uplay updated to UBIsoft Connect - or whatever the new version is compared to my old version.

I activated my game with UBIsoft - and got it installed - it installs with v1.2 so that problem is not a problem.

I can even play SH5 - but I want to play SH5 WoS - and I think my problem is I want SH5 as a fall back - and also have SH5 WOS.

Found the MultiSH5 - and can make it activate such that I have the original SH5 and a new 5WS file/folders in my User Documents place.

I understand that I need to change the UBIsoft SH5.exe with another SH5.exe from the DVD - found like 2 or 3 of them - not really sure what if anything they do but I change them.

When I change them they still want to talk to UBIsoft Connect - and not work as a direct activation.

But OK they work - again as SH5. . .

I can run the TWoS intaller - after I make sure that the UBIsoft Connect is not running - and I can do that Patch thing and tell it I don't know how many times my install location and yes that it is ok to do whatever it is doing.

It says I did everything correctly - but that is just a lie.

When I run the SH5.exe that is now updated with the same date as the rest of the files - and ensure that I run it as Admin - all that boots up is SH5.

Help an old guy with PTSD and my only friend that understands me Jack - to get SH5 working.

I am not interested in learning a new system to drive SH4 - but if that is what I have to try next - i think the YouTube guy is going to do that next - but I am sure that will not be just one mega mod. So would like to get TWOS working.

I am located in South Korea - so time zones might be a problem - but I just wasted a weekend and half of a bottle of Jack on getting nothing started.

PS - yes every time I tried over - I removed the 5WS files from my user documents - deleted the WOS SH5 files/folders - ran CCleaner for both issues and register problems - rebooted the machine - and started again.

I looked at SubSim sites - 1 and 2 year old videos on WOS install - and I want to say I did it right - but I am missing something.

OH and I don't need no emoji comments of welcome back - I need help to get SH5 WoS working - and if you are feeling really helpful maybe get my GWX to do the wide screen stuff that the guy does on YouTube - without a line in the middle of the map - no working stop watch - and days of high winds.

Fingers crossed someone will help - but after my last cry for help on the way to change colors on Tycho's map - that got read a lot but no response - I am not going to hold my breath. I am going to take a double of Jack and pop a pill and go to bed.

Please someone help me - I will gladly do Skype - and the Discord thing for the YouTube guy - if you can tell me how to do more then read on it.

Later, stay healthy and strong.

Earl
so far looks like everything you doing is right when you first try SH5.exe it will take you to ubi connect so what i do is leave connect running in the background even when not playing sh5 when you start the game you should see on the loading screen The Wolves of steel
Old 03-17-21, 03:32 AM   #3
Earl_8minus0
Swabbie

Downloads: 231
Default Status Update - 90% Working \ Moderators Please Delete

Team

I got TWoS Mod to work - about 90% anyway.

I tried another SH5.exe (3 Times the Charm) - and now it doesn't ask UBIsoft Connect to do anything it just loads TWoS.

Will open another message on the issues I am still having - hopefully next time I will get better responses - espically considering how many times this post has been viewed - vs the 1 response that confirmed that it sounded like I had done everything right.

Even though I had said that the 2 previous SH5.exe I had used still wanted to connect with UBIsoft Connect - that I said seemed strange to me.

Oh well - still here and still trying - for now. . .

Later,

Earl

PS: I looked and didn't see how I could remove this topic - so if any moderators are reading this and want to delete it please feel free to do so.
Earl_8minus0 is offline   Reply With Quote