Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-29-24, 05:02 PM   #1
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 0

Icon8 Legal medical scam

Sheesh, and I wonder what is wrong with US healthcare.

Well another couple of birthdays came around and once again it is time for my old man internal exam. (yea!)

I called up the previous officer that checked out my pooper and they pulled my records. I told them I had a referral from my GP for another swell time.

They told me that before I could make an appointment, I had to have a telemedical appointment with the doctor?

When I asked why, since my GP has already ordered the procedure, I was told that it was their office policy.

Well, I could not do a tele meeting but I could do a phone call. So the doctor called me and talked to me for about 10 minutes. He discussed the prep and went over the procedure. I had been there done that a few times. At the end of the 10 minute phone call, I was told that someone from his office would call me to make the appointment. That was about 3 weeks ago.

Today, I received a medical bill from this office. Now remember, the only contact I had was two phone calls, one with a doctor for about 10 minutes.

The bill was for $542.00

Fortunately my insurance paid $497.00 of that but that still leaves me coughing up $45.00 for a frickin phone call!!!

WTF?

$542.00 just for a phone call. Billed as an "office visit". This is not for the procedure, just the phone call.

That is so messed up. I can just imagine the doctor's bill for when he actually does something. This colonoscopy will probably run about $50,000

This is insane!

/rant
Old 05-29-24, 05:17 PM   #2
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Makes me glad that I pay more taxes than you do.

Here it is free to visit doctors and getting treatment(It is paid over the taxes)
Only thing who cost money is medication-Even here you pay some percentage the rest is paid over the tax

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-24, 06:37 PM   #3
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Last edited by Skybird; 05-29-24 at 06:55 PM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote