SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-12, 07:07 PM   #1
gdel
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default Exporting careers

Hi chaps,

I've litterally been a lurker here for years, never had to post to fix one of my issues till now.

I've played Sh3 for >3000 according to steam and finally decided to give GWX a go, so i've bought a copy of SH3 and installed GWX (installing it in steam was a pita so i gave up).

Firstly wow, i cant believe i've waited so long to play GWX, mind = blown, love the extra details, the extra volume of ships like its a real world.

Now i happened to have a great first patrol, hit >50k t on it, then on the way home i went north around the top of Scotland, 'sonar contact, warship, closing, long range' pop up the periscope and lo and behold its the hood, 3km out rushing my way at 17 knots, I quickly save the game and call the wife in, then follows a 30 minute discussion on why i shouldn't sink that ship, her pov was 'but what about all those men's children?'... my reply, they're pixels... anyway i digress. I manage to sink her with a full spread up front, she goes up in a wonderful fireball of exploding goodness.

So i mosey off all proud of myself, skip to 256 time enhancement and sink to 50m with over 1000 below me, next thing i know i hear plop plop boom 'sorry you died' hit continue thinking ah well get to sink her again and bleh CTD now every time i try to load GWX i get to the wolfloading screen then bleh CTD again.

so to fix this i guess a reinstall is in order, but i dont want to loose my save, so how do i export that save to keep it safe and then reimport it on the fresh install?
gdel is offline   Reply With Quote