Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Biden's son Hunter Biden have been found guilty on all counts

https://edition.cnn.com/politics/liv...-24/index.html

His Father the President, have said he will not pardon him.

Now I'm curious I thought it had to be a federal crime in order to be pardoned and the case with Hunter Biden should be a state crime and I have read that a President can't pardon people who are found guilty in a state crime.

Or is it me who has got everything wrong ?

Markus
What you have wrong and why this doesn’t belong in a political thread is that Hunter Biden has absolutely nothing to do with current domestic or foreign affairs and policy. He is not an elected official nor has he ever held office nor to the best of my knowledge ever intended too. He has absolutely nothing to do with the executive, legislative or judicial branch of our government or their decisions made on our behalf.

He is a private citizen in trouble with the law. His problems are not mine and do not in anyway affect mine or anyone’s else life. It’s like someone posting about the Charles Manson verdict, it doesn’t matter to me or belong in a political thread.

The Hunter Biden drama is in my opinion like Billy Carter, a side show and distraction.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 06-11-24 at 08:55 PM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-24, 06:43 PM   #8072
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I'm sorry I didn't know.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-24, 11:22 PM   #8073
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Biden's son Hunter Biden have been found guilty on all counts

https://edition.cnn.com/politics/liv...-24/index.html

His Father the President, have said he will not pardon him.

Now I'm curious I thought it had to be a federal crime in order to be pardoned and the case with Hunter Biden should be a state crime and I have read that a President can't pardon people who are found guilty in a state crime.

Or is it me who has got everything wrong ?

Markus
Actually Markus it wasn't state but federal crimes that he was charged with. Lying on the the ATF form 4473 which is the federal government form you have to fill out in order to purchase a gun is a felony as is being a drug user while in possession of a firearm and he was tried for those crimes in federal court. The trial was held in Delaware as that is within the Federal district where he purchased the gun.

That means that his dad as POTUS does indeed have the legal power to pardon or commute Hunters sentence.

While the President has said he would not pardon him it's difficult to see how Old Joe would pay any political penalty if he were to do so. Especially if he turns out to be a lame duck come December.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-24, 12:01 AM   #8074
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

What I want to know is who is the dude in the sequin dress? Is this the true "Wizard of Oz"? Is this the guy pulling all the strings behind Sleepy Joe & Kamala?

Quote:
What you have wrong and why this doesn’t belong in a political thread is that Hunter Biden has absolutely nothing to do with current domestic or foreign affairs and policy. He is not an elected official nor has he ever held office nor to the best of my knowledge ever intended too. He has absolutely nothing to do with the executive, legislative or judicial branch of our government or their decisions made on our behalf.
Hunter has everything to do with it. He's part of the reason we're entangled in Ukraine. His trial was probably just so they can say "See the DOJ isn't corrupt." "Democrats can be found guilty too", or maybe it was just to get some sympathy votes for dear ol' dad.
Old 06-12-24, 12:16 AM   #8075
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Y’al sound exactly like Vienna an Buddhaid but on the opposite end of the spectrum.

Old 06-12-24, 02:23 AM   #8076
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Y’al sound exactly like Vienna an Buddhaid but on the opposite end of the spectrum.
Our very own version of
Quote:
checks and balances
Old 06-13-24, 03:20 AM   #8077
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

I found this vid today.

It *kind of* belongs in this thread but it would also fit in the Ukraine thread.

Its a good overview of where a lot of the right-wing talking points originate from. Its also a good overview on how Propaganda, especially Russian Propaganda, works.

Enjoy.
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-24, 06:32 AM   #8078
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

^ Not only in USA, it is being done all over the world.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-24, 12:10 PM   #8079
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post
I found this vid today.

It *kind of* belongs in this thread but it would also fit in the Ukraine thread.

Its a good overview of where a lot of the right-wing talking points originate from. Its also a good overview on how Propaganda, especially Russian Propaganda, works.

Enjoy.
Ah the ol’ Hitler drank water. You drink water. Therefore you must be a nazi too argument.

You and Alex Jones would make a great point/counter point show Manchurian candidates galore! Honestly I’m not sure what’s more divisive you and that video or Putin.

IMO there is little difference between the comments and behavior of Majorie Taylor Greene and those of Rashida Tlaib who openly called for the genocide of Israel.

Have they and the squad all gone off the deep end? Or are they just scraping the bottom of the barrel gathering potential voters? Even the few kook fringe and high heeled freaks like to feel they’re represented and the only two political parties in this country know that. But rest assured we can always count on some extremist’s click bait to demonize people who wear hats, congress, entire political parties and or voter base on account of the opinions of a few.

Last edited by Rockstar; 06-13-24 at 04:38 PM.