Old 06-12-21, 10:18 PM   #3390
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Ahoy, propbeanie...

Yeah, am definitely certain on the dates... I went back into the game, looked at the list, as I use the following format to carbon date stamp the saves as I roll on them.:

M1-A P-2 24/01/42 22:30 hrs

M1-A, refers to My guy I name, at the start of a career...

P-2 (or any other #) refers to what patrol I am on with said guy...

For date in game.... I go with the format that was used back then, from what I know of it... day, month followed by year.. last 2 digits.

Time stamp, is done up in the military tradition... 22 hundred 30 hours...

When I initially reported, I kinda.. was in a hurry, as I was wanting to get that reported so I could then hit the rack & sack out.. aka meaning I was in a hurry so I could report it & grab some sleep...

by the time I realized My snafu... was too late to edit it to correctly reflect the right date, in game... you had done grabbed the info & ran with it...

As for the date... Yes.. I am now dead certain.. left base on the 15th... rolled into Basilan on the 17th, after hot footing it from Surabaya to Manila(where I dropped off supplies/picked up those pesky hitch hikers... ) , then to Basilan, did a 6 day patrol there... successfully.. all circles for Manila/Basilan showed up as they should... & changed from green to red. Left Basilan passage & sedately cruised from there to Sibutu passage at 3rd speed... standard, if I am recalling that rightly.. about a day to cruise from there to Sibutu... where I started the 6 day patrol of Sibutu on the morning of the 24th.... of January, 42...

As for the circle & it's location in your snapshot.. Yes, it matches up with what I have there on the Nav map, for Myself...

It is NOW... the 31st, of January.. & have not gotten the all clear bell, for completing that objective...

On a side note.. am about ready to hot foot it back to Surabaya, resupply before they demolish the base... & see of going back to Sibutu.. to see if that doesn't clean the clock on it... so I can phone home & either get another objective to go to... or get told to head back to base.

M. M.

Big thing then, you were appropriately assigned the mission on the 22nd / 23rd is what it sounds like... What I am experiencing, and it doesn't matter whether I build a mission, or do multiple Status Updates near areas I know have more missions, but after the 3rd mission or objective completion, it seems to get dicey as to whether the next one (4th) Objective will complete. I have not had a 3rd mission not complete, and on the 4th, it seems to be about a 66% OK, with the 5th being a 50-50 & the sixth being a 1 in three chance of completing. I do not remember having seen this before, neither in FotRSU nor any other mod or Stock. I now wonder if you and Comder can look at your OS build info please. Click on your Windows Start button (lower-left of course), Settings, Update & Security. You'll probably have to scroll down a bit n the next page to click on OS Build Info, and then scroll down on that page a bit to see "Windows Specifications" - which you might not have, if you haven't updated lately. Under that is a "Copy" button (with the recent updates) that you can click on, and then "Paste" into your next post. Mine looks like:
Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎5/‎17/‎2020
OS build 19043.1052
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3740.0
The "Version" and "OS build" lines are what I am most curious about for the both of your computers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comder View Post
Good Day,

The Titan is a sub mod by SilverWolf. The Normandy version of the titan was done by Marka Ragnos. I believe I have that correct. I have taken the modded sub and made it compatible with FOTRS with each release. I enjoy using the sub to just do hail mary's with single missions. Nothing like doing the Midway mission and no Japanese warships left afloat.

Propbeanie, I added the sub into the campaign mode of the game. I re-do the campaign files with each release of FOTRS. I have never removed or replace a sub. if you would like my campaign files you can see what I do. I have all of SilverWolf's subs added to the campaign files, but not the subs themselves. I only use the Titan. I find I do not have the time in the day to edit all the subs to be compatible. Although the typhoon might be interesting.
Let me know.

Thanks

Comder
OK, so you have the pre-built mod then, which is good. All you are doing is putting the Titan sub in place of a slot in the Flotilla, or maybe copying one and putting it in. You have all of your original FotRSU boats then, in the Submarine folder, in addition to the Titan subs. We don't have to worry about that. The regular campaign files in the Data Campaigns Campaign folder are just the layers. The actual mission assignment files are in the PatrolObjectives folder in that Campaign folder. They are "called" by the PatrolObjectives file when the Flotillas file asks for a given ID Code. However, after you complete the first assignment you get at the base, and then do a Status Update, that will then poll the DynamicMiss.cfg file for an assignment that is within a given distance from where you are at that particular point in time, and that is within the constraints of the current date in-game. Both of you fellows mission assignments function as intended in isolation. But if I add more to them, or just use the Status Update, as noted above, once I have done three missions or more, the odds for getting what you experienced go up. Now, while testing for the v1.46 release, I made a couple of "super missions", where I combined a bunch of new missions together, and would just do the Objectives one after the other, with the one mission having 8 Objectives. I never had a bit of trouble. I have done one of those now three times, and it varies as to when things fail to complete. The DynamicMiss has not been changed since the v1.46 release, but I'll be doing the old spreadsheet trick and try to find an anomaly in it tomorrow.

But I am curious about a potential Windows interference, since the last update "trashed" all three of my installs' configurations, and I had to alter their Properties pages to get the game to function... SubSim member mazzi a while back mentioned adding the FotRSU version of the game to the Windows registry with running TDW's SH Validator, and I experimented with adding my v1.39 & v1.46 installs to the Windows "Path" statement, and that does make a difference in game play and some effects. My current "testing" and "modding" installs do not have that, so I'll also see if maybe that will make a difference also... all I know is that it is weird, whatever it is.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 06-12-21 at 10:27 PM.
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote