View Single Post
Old 04-08-20, 08:41 PM   #12
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Yes. I have done that. If you can get to the main menu of SH4, then copy down all of your settings under Options (not a necessity). Copy your entire Save folder over to a new location. Then take JSGME and do "Tasks..." and "Export activated mods list..." - if v2.6 it will have "... mods list to..." and you can choose text file or clipboard. If you use the clipboard, open notepad or similar and "paste" the clipboard in, then save it. If you use "file", copy that out somewhere safe also. Then de-activate your mods. Once done with that, copy that MODS folder where you put the Save folder. Then you can uninstall the game. Usually, it is not necessary to clean the registry unless the re-install does not work. If Windows says it could not clear all of the folders, then do a re-boot of the system, and re-install SH4. Start it up and input those settings you copied from the Options screens. Run a Stock single mission or something and make certain it is functioning as intended. If it does, exit, then empty the current (new) Save folder, then copy your old save folder over, then copy the MODS folder back, and re-activate the mods as in your ActivatedModsList.txt or whatever you called it, and see if that then runs... fingers are crossed, but I can't find my rabbit's foot - oop! there it is - good to go! Someone correct me if I told him wrong... One thing about it, if it doesn't work after re-activating the mods and copying the Save folder in, you can usually blame it on the Save folder.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote