View Single Post
Old 04-05-20, 09:51 AM   #3
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Bad Saves are caused by corrupt data ("Thank you Captain Obvious!") - but bad data can happen in all sorts of ways in the wonderful world of Silent Hunter vX (designating any version of the game). With SH4, the more mods, the more the game has loaded at any given time, which then necessitates the use of a "memory" app, such as the 4 gig patch or Large Address Aware (LAA). Of the latter, CapnScurvy has a thread "Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install" that delves deeply into the subjects of a Windows 10 install, an SH4 install in that, activating a mod (FotRSU in this case), proper care of the Save folder, and the use of LAA. Good stuff that is highly recommended. The same technique can be applied to any version of 64-bit Windows from Vista to Win10, with just slight alterations to the technique. That would be my first guess of your troubles, but also, if after activating your mod list, you hadn't deleted the Save folder prior to starting SH4 with TMO RSRDC OTC, then you have bad data in your Save folder to begin with, which might not cause trouble for a while, but eventually will. As a side-note: with RSRDC activated on top of TMO, you don't need the TMO Small Patch, since RSRDC overwrites the problem corrected by it. Also, the 3000 yd bearing tool can be slightly resource intensive on some computers, due to its graphics. Are you using a laptop? You might be able to recover a bit of your career by doing as succerpunch quoted in post #4 of ""Cannot comply" at mission start". You could also try changing your computer's response to High DPI Scaling, which I cannot find the most recent posting of it... and I see that KaleunMarco is a more succinct "talker", and therefore faster poster than I are... "LAA" is indeed the one to check first!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote