View Single Post
Old 12-03-19, 08:35 AM   #184
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krieg Francis View Post
This is a big forum, I couldn't find anything about it so sorry if I'm repeating a question lol.

Is it possible to have greyed out icons like SH3? I work with map contact updates on and it's fairly simple to tell an enemy from a friend

The TMO-style "dot" version is worked-up as an add-in now. What you have now is the "standard" in the FotRSU release. If we would quit finding issues in campaign files, we might be able to finish up on a few of the add-ins... -

Speaking of which: Does anyone have issues with the CA Tone that they've noticed? - it is the IJN CA heavy cruiser with 4 turrets forward, and scout planes on the aft portion - not to be confused with the Late-war Mogami, which is shorter, especially in the fantail area...

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Zelda View Post
Re: the new FotRS UE

4th patrol in S-class around July 1942 from Brisbane. Was issued SJ radar, 4-inch gun and 3 Mark 14 torpedoes (the rest were the standard issue Mark 10s). Running NO mods that would affect torpedo load out.

I question whether the S-class can carry Mark 14s due to their length? Shorter Mark 14 seemed to have been available late in the war but these 3 were definitely longer than the Mark 10s.

Hope this is helpful.
In the documentation included is a little note that all S-Boat skippers have to make certain that quartermasters and dock hands, in conjunction with your own crew, properly re-arm your submarine. That was in directive #72 dated 12th November, 1939 - you should have known. There will be no investigation - this will go straight to court martial. It behooves you to obtain a good JAG...

Just joshing (kidding, joking, pulling your leg), of course. This is an issue that we have attempted to wrassle many times, and for now, we'll leave the 912 pound gorilla in the corner by itself, and throw a banana its way every once in a while, and hope it stays quiet. In the meantime, the work-around is to re-fit before docking. You will then get a proper load-out of torpedoes. If you forget and dock first, no big deal. All you have to do is remember to - before going on patrol again - drag the Mark 14s out of their stores onboard and drop them into the section on the left, then replace them with the Mark 10 torpedoes. Since the latest release, I have not taken a sugar boat out to see if it will shoot the 14s without issue, but back several versions ago, it would shoot the torpedoes... which is evidence that FotRSU does not restrict the loading of appropriate torpedoes. I do not recall if stock does that also... - We will continue to attempt a "fix", but for now, it is what it is. sorry.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote