View Single Post
Old 04-11-20, 04:28 AM   #128
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1333
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Hi Hauangua, before downloading, what's does this file do exactly, if you know?
read me file
Overview
This pak contains two programs for tweeking SH3. TweekSH3 makes changes to time compression, map settings and auto-identify of targets. TweekSUB makes changes to the torpedo loadout of any or all subs. Each program is described in detail below.
TweekSUB can modify the torpedo layout of any sub for any year. Yes, you can use it to cheat though that is NOT its purpose. It does not restrict you from selecting any torpedo for any year so let your conscience be your guide as to how far you want to push it. I got tired of altering the loadout after every patrol so I wrote this to preset what fish I wanted loaded automatically when I returned to base. If run normally it shouldn't affect the SH3 game at all other than defaulting to the torpedoes you selected when you return to port or you start a single mission. I have not investigated what this may do to multi-player.

TweekSH3 does have a hidden secret though. You can alter the number of reserves, extras and external slots...to a point. If you just run it by clicking on the EXE file, you can't do this. You will have to make a shortcut so you can provide a command line option to it. See the screenshot below

Note that the "Target" box has the name of the exe with "wolfie" after it. There is a secret to this but you must read further to find it. I purposely did this for those of you who don't really read and just look at the pretty pictures.

Once you have the shortcut set up, launch TweekSUB with the shortcut. The boxes will now appear with a black background and a 3D bevel showing that you correctly set up the shortcut. You will now be able to change the numbers for Fore Reserve, Extra and External and Aft Reserve and External. There are limits to which you can set them though but the program makes no effort to limit you. I suggest a maximum of 16 internal reserves (8 Reserves and 8 Extra for example) and 6 external for the forward compartment. For aft, 2 internal and 6 external are my suggestions for maximums. You may find that putting more than that number may cause SH3 to act weird when displaying the inventory screen. Once you change the numbers reselect a year (not a sub type) and the new empty boxes will appear and you may fill them as you wish.

Before you begin, I wanted to let you know the program makes NO changes until you click SAVE or SAVE ALL YEARS. You can safely exit the program at any time without clicking either of them to abandon any changes you made. And here is the cheat enabler. Though the image above says "wolfie", you must use "Wolfie" instead with a capitalized W. Now for what the buttons do:

Change All: This changes all the currently displayed tubes and reserve slots to the torpedo in the box next to this button. This is a quick way to fill all slots with the same torpedo. You still must click Save to commit the changes to the file.

Default All: This changes all the currently displayed tubes and reserve slots to the torpedo that should be there. Basically this resets this year back to factory defaults. You still must click Save to commit the changes to the file.

i find this
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=133306

Last edited by hauangua; 04-11-20 at 04:41 AM.
hauangua is offline   Reply With Quote