Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 08-03-16, 11:41 AM   #1029
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 441
Uploads: 2

The install is "fresh" from my backup just the other day when I had that disappearing command bar. This is my first return from a patrol while doing a Campaign in Ultimate. I used to try to play FotRSv1.3 all the time when it came out. I'd been doing TMO at the time, and had grown weary of certain aspects (like dying all the time... ), and it sounded like FotRS fit the bill, and it did. But I do seem to remember similar to this in it also, just not this early in the Campaign. Like late, when there was a big save file, lots of sinkings to your credit, mucho esteem about to be bestowed upon you and your crew... and "BOOM!" - CTD. But I do not recall ever having a square box on top of a land mass being detected while 100 foot down at Ahead one third at 0200 hours and still West of Pearl a good bit. Wish I would have measured how far it was. Never did get "Radar Contact" report, just the little square popped up.

I did manage to get in to Pearl (came in from the South, not exceeding 32x on TC), docked, re-fitted and now assigned to patrol off of Hakkaido, and I'm there now, doing my patrol duty, and dodging FISHING BOATS!!! No airplanes yet, just some fishing boats, for the FOURTH time. Granted, this fourth encounter is probably the same crew from the third, just across the bay from where I was earlier, and they're coming back home still... I think I'll shoot the Tsugaru Kaikyo after this objective is complete, and do me some Sea of Japan fishing. That is, if my "new" objective doesn't come across sooner. I won't have much time to play though, 'cause this boat seems to not only drink the fuel, but inhale it and also eat it... I'll only have about a day and a half left to noodle around in there...

The reason for that is going off and doing wild goose chases on the way over here. About halfway to Hokkaido from Midway, I get a "Sonar contact, Merchant, bearing 116, long range". So I turn towards it to give chase. Check its bearings as I go, and now I *know* I'm gonna torpedo me something... Then it disappears... whuh?... went a bit further, and return to course. Next day, same thing "Sonar contact, Merchant, bearing 98, long range", only instead of disappearing, I finally get close enough to actually "see" something... you guessed it: fishing boat. And the same thing about a day and a half later... Fishing boats... I left 'em alone and didn't close any closer than 9500 yards, once I could identify them... I'm saved and out of there for a while. I am half-tempted to let them see me, and see if someone comes after me... but this is a "real" mission, and I can't jeopardize my crew, boat or mission like that...

I'm gonna go do the kitchen cabinets now. We're putting new hinges and pulls on them... "It'll be easy!" said the wife a couple months ago... hooboy...

Ratz, I'm ~so~ easily distracted anymore... CapnScurvy: "Yes, the 'Crash And Creaks Fix' is part of the mod, and all you have to do is add-in the 802 portion." Stir gently though, and try not to knock all the bubbles out of the mix... :wink:

by the by, there is still something up with the audio, just not something consistent. Both cdsubron7 and I have experienced it. Mentioned up above no more than two pages back (I hope...). Nope, page 66, about a third of the way down the page...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 08-03-16 at 12:03 PM. Reason: dad-blame memory... sorry CapnScurvy!
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote