propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 441
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTD_MadMax View Post
Hello Captains,

great work at all.
Since my last visit here at Subsim from 08.10.2017 my life changed hard.
I wanne thank the team for keeping FOTRS alive.

Best regards from Germany and no, i dont wear a mask in my sub

MadMax
MadMax!!! Good to hear from you once again! Yes, your original mod is gorgeous, and we have attempted to keep that, as well as add more to what your team did. We stand on your shoulders, and it is a dizzying height! lol - we hope our next version eliminates most of the landmines we recently added to the mod... Same old same old, with 2 steps forward, one step back, except the last release seemed to be 2 steps forward, 2 steps back... We are sorry to hear of life changing for the more difficult, and wish you well, and all the best to you and yours! Masks are not allowed in our sub either, since the CO2 level is already too high at 350 foot for the past 28 hours. Who needs to breathe more of that directly?... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
I do not recall saving and exiting during that game. I did take saves, but had no need to reload one of them until I finally gave up on seeing anything. In the past I have encountered all of the resupply forces you mentioned, especially around Cape Esperance. In previous versions of FOTRSU I found the group heading down the slot to combat the Allied forces waiting for just in front of Savo Island, but not this time. Zilch. Perhaps in some future career I'll try it again, but I don't want to stop where I am until we get a new release. I think it's my OCD kicking in that I hate to go backwards!

You have so much to do that I would not encourage you to spend any time on it until other things are done. It will move up in severity when others encounter it - otherwise it's just something in my doings, although I can't imagine what.
Well, we did find an issue, and it is one that plagues most of the mods and stock if you hit certain areas at certain times. The issue here is that the 42a layer and 42b layer have a "seam" right at the September 1, 1942 time frame, so the traffic usually "dies" and then picks back up between roughly August 27 and September 4th, due to the "cycle" and timing of the "RGG calls", which is when the Random Generated Groups "spawn" and begin traveling. In this case, it is Rabaul to Shortlands, and Shortlands to Florida / Guadalcanal islands - short runs, so it can be rather pronounced, as you experienced. So we have added a few extra small groups to the Solomons file, which is not restricted by the "layer" dates, and it now "bridges" the gap with a few, select runs. We'll have to see what happens when everybody else gets their mitts on the next release, and see what you all think. It looks wunnerful at this time to me... I still have to turn down all of the Allied airplane response though when Emirau comes online...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregor the Hammer View Post
Here's the list of my FotRSU mods. The team can tell me where or not the under lying issue has been addressed in 1.39:

Nice, but I could get by without:
452_MoonlightzSonarLine
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols
CSL Custom Map Colors -I'm old and don't see well so having deep water light blue makes it a lot easier to see lines.
EZ Plot V1.0
HighContScope
Webster's Easy to Read Game Text
Webster's Missing Voices

I would really like to hang on to:
FOTRSU Position Keeper Tweek
UStorp125plus150
Webster's New Sonar View
Webster's Smaller Clock Needles

Almost a deal breaker:
Bigger Better Protractors
Webster's Ship Maneuvering Fix -The sub acts like a sports car without it!
3000 Yard Bearing Tool
454_EasyAOB_FotRSU + Manual Range and Mast Height Dial Fix -The TDC is really difficult to use without it.

I don't have a large amount of mods. Like Einstein said "Keep things as simple as possible, but no simpler"
The Add-In mods were removed for two reasons, #1 being that we wanted a "clean" base-mod to find all of the issues we introduced with the previous and latest updates. #2 was due to about 1/2 of the mods no longer being compatible, due to a few changes in the rest of the mod, including the menu_1024_768.ini file. Anything to do with that file is not compatible, which were the 399 mods in v1.24. We have not had a chance to run through those and make the minor changes for them yet, but rest assured that anything we had before, we will once again, along with a few more. What you do yourself to a mod once we release it, is all up to you, the player, but we cannot help then when it comes to issues encountered. Now, 452_MoonlightzSonarLine and 901_Strategic_Map_Symbols are most likely compatible still. Bigger Better Protractors is part of the base-mod, but mods like 454_EasyAOB_FotRSU are older versions, and most likely not 100% compatible. Any other mod from any other author, including the Webster's mod, would not be compatible with FotRSU, as good as those mods are. Webster's mods are built for Stock, not FotRSU. As an example, if you use Webster's "Missing Voices", you overwrite a lot of work that CapnScurvy and I did to "fix" repeated voices, as well as some of the missing voices. Therefore, it is not recommended to add anything that is not numbered by the FotRSU team, which helps in designating what can be used with what. A like number (such as 399) indicates that only ONE of those mods can be used, not all of them. The use of anything else will be at the player's risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
excuse me but it is possible that i did not express myself plainly enough.

i have been chased by a sub, i forget if it was a regular-sized boat or a mini, and the little #ucker was doing 23 kts!
No, no misunderstanding. The Ko Hyoteki is supposed to be limited to 19 knots... In both the cfg and sim files, it was indeed listed as 23knots, and has been updated to reflect "historical" values... - we all know how realistic "historical" values can be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comder View Post
... PropBeanie, I was just setting the Flotillas.upc up for the Titan. I found that in the Flotilla 13, Saipan, That the MidwayPC2 was set to Flotilla 1. All the others are set to 13 as they should be. The question is, is this an oops or is it set this way for a reason?...
"Oops" would be one way of putting it, yes... but I can think of several other four letter words, expletives deletives to the last, that could take that "oops" place... - The Flotillas.upc file, as well as a couple other files, were interim versions that got mixed into the v1.39 release by mistake. We promise it won't happen again... until the next time. - If you are making edits there, it would be best to make all of the boats listed as "Flotilla 13", or "F13", as the case may be. If you don't, that particular call can "bomb" the game completely, which is why we recommend, at this time, to not transfer to the Advance Bases if playing the game without edits. Quite a few of the "Advance Base" Flotillas have multiple typos. We are currently going through the Flotillas. upc file, as well as the connected files ~again~, and I am still finding the occasional typo... - I knew I should have taken the time three years ago to build me a little applet to check these things... ah well - we'll get there eventually...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 03-04-21 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Typos - and here I wonder where Flotillas got them... sigh
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote