Old 06-04-20, 01:26 PM   #1194
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
Captain, this is your XO reporting to you the battle results:

We have discovered that we can hear ships screws when on the surface and when we are travelling at high speeds. We also found that we can detect ships screws when the enemy ship has no screws turning.

We have discovered the same thing as your Operations Officer, Lieutenant Michael Wood.

We should request a temporary "refit" to come in the coming days that can fix our "bad" hydrophone
In this particular case, I should stipulate that we need all of the details possible. What submarine are you on, and if possible, what ship(s) have you IDd as problematic. I have it thus far down to several of the "Hansa" based ships, plus another that I cannot remember the name of, since I have my notes on the other computer. Also, this is a player-centric issue. Your sonarman will give you at least an initial sonar contact report. You will see the lines on the NavMap, but the props on the ship do not move, and if you fly over to the ship (only close encounters within about 0-2.5nm count), you will not hear an engine sound. If sitting at the sonar station yourself, and you spin the head toward the ship, you will not hear it, and you will not "see" the green "contact" light lit. This is different from the "quiet" contacts of previous fame, where the light would light, but you couldn't hear them (loudly). Our suspicion (s7rikeback and myself) is that the links to the prop and audio were broken somehow - if they ever existed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt RAP View Post
Found another "Location Name In Game"
March 4, 1944
East China Sea off Shanghai
Capt RAP
Normally speaking, we would need the mission orders, but in this case, we were able to do an internal search in the files, and found all occurrences of the offending string (there were like seven of them!)... Plans for a "beta" patch are fading fast (again) with other recent discoveries needing fixing, but we're working on it, and there should NOT be anymore of those immersion breakers... there are probably others yet to be found, but at least no "Location Name In Game", giving it away that this is a game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaka View Post
This is one of the best mods for SH4, I've been playing this game for over 12 years and this is the best mod that was made. I'm so excited for the next update of this mod!
Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
I agree 220% with you on that. This adds a whole new experience and layer to SH4!
Thanks fellers, the team appreciates that.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote