Originally Posted by Ashikaga View Post
Patrol start : 14-2-1941
Current date: 20-2-1941

Morale: 0

Ships sunk: 10
Airplanes shot down: 1

Warship tonnage 1850
Merchant tonnage 27827

The so called "reworked morale/fatigue system" is beyond ridiculous and completely historically inaccurate. (Apart from annoying me severely at the moment).

Does anyone know which files I have to mod to make the game more up to par with actual history, just like many of the other mods/tweaks have done?

OLtzS Ashikaga.

Hi Ashikaga

I'm not sure how did you manege to degrade your crew moral so much in just 6 days, especially because I've added in recent versions moral bonuses for regular merchants sinkings and not only the warships, secondary missions ect...In my boat, moral is maintained for days, even months, and if it goes down, bosun and cook can ease the tension sufficiently... Have you suffered the damage maybe, or forget to turn off battles stations state?

Anyway, If you really don't like it so much, you can edit "MoraleCost= " values from "Silent Hunter 5\data\UPCDataGE\UPCCrewData\SpecialAbilities.upc" file to 0 (eg. "MoraleCost= 1, 2, 3" to "MoraleCost= 0, 0, 0"), but I think you'll lose important aspect of the game.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote