View Single Post
Old 01-01-24, 12:42 AM   #5774
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldjs View Post
I'm back after to fixing my crashes due to aa corrupted Commands.cfg(my messup) and/or sim.cfg(?). Game playing perfectly, until I return to Midway early Oct '43, offered a new Balao, which I accept. Start a new patrol, take a few save points, and upon loading one of these save points game CTD's. When I load the first save point after leaving Midway I see my plotted course lines are all missing! Symptom of something bad. Could not recover the campaign, had to delete entire Save folder and start anew. Thoughts, any way to fix this?
Quote:
Many. Started from Manila in a Sargo in Dec '41 thru to transferring to Midway and upgrading to Gato in early '43! Did I take to new Balao at Midway to early (late Sept '43) when I returned from patrol out of Midway I thin starting in August!
I did have bad soup before I discovered the problem in Commands.cfg and Sim.cfg. Fixed those, deleted Save folder in D:, started new campaign from near Manila in Dec '41 and game ran perfectly, no changes to Mods!
Quote:
JSGME:
[MODS]
100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.8=1
101_FotRSUv18_FixPak=2
399_NoScrollNavMap=3
304_NoJapaneseAirRadar=4
454c_EasyAOB_InputTargetDistanceOnTBT=5
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols=6
SH4_original_4k_light_blue=7
Webster's 100' Underwater Visability for v1.5=8
Webster's Better Air Patrols=9
Easier_AI for FotRSU=10 (change Max Fire Range in Sim.cfg)
JayMyKey=11 Use SH Keymapper to remap some keys for my laptop
The Balao in FotRSU v1.8 is active at
  1. Mare 1943-05-24
  2. Treasure 1943-06-01
  3. Brisbane 1943-06-03
  4. Pearl 1943-07-01
  5. Midway 1943-07-01
  6. Fremantle 1943-09-01
All look to have proper mission starts.
When using
  • SH4_original_4k_light_blue=7
  • Webster's 100' Underwater Visability for v1.5=8
  • Webster's Better Air Patrols=9
  • Easier_AI for FotRSU=10 (change Max Fire Range in Sim.cfg)
  • JayMyKey=11 Use SH Keymapper to remap some keys for my laptop
... the skins might strain the computers pizzle from the pixel throughput on the video stream - otherwise fine
... Underwater Visability ~should~ be fine, but never fully tested
... Better Air is similar, but does make the air attacks worse than what the base FotRSU settings are
... Easier AI of your own editing I have no idea if you're fully compatible (probably)
... JayMyKey similarly, and I understand the need for that
I would say your list is most likely fine
- However, especially the last two, you have to have a new career campaign, since everything has to be the same throughout the file structure.

Big things with Saves
  • Do not overwrite Saves - make new "slots" with new names for each
  • Do NOT EVER load a Save if you have not re-started the entire game
This is something that Front Runner found a while back when doing the Base Time threads. In other words, if you Save the game and then want to load that Save, you must first exit the game. Re-start the game, Load the Save and continue play. If you instead Save, then load the Save while still running the same game session, you will lose all navigation waypoints, as well as experience other config issues, and quite possibly trash the Save folder's contents. The game does something ~nasty~ with the binary data that we can't see or read. Somewhere in there is a data byte counter that might be getting messed-up. Also, if you do any shelling out to Windows while playing the game, you should Save at the first opportunity, exit the game, re-start, then load that Save and continue.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote