View Single Post
Old 03-23-20, 04:51 PM   #635
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Well... what is up with my isp?... I "sent" this hours ago, and when I come back to the machine, the hour glass is still spinning, and the post still hasn't sent... Anyway:

What kind of airplane was that Larrywb57? your first "Spoiler" link says "The image you are requesting does not exist...", if that's a picture of the plane. Did it have Flying Tigers coloring? That would be the Chinese P-40. If it is a Japanese plane, there are quite a few of those it could be... single-engine? double? quad?... flying boat? etc... ?? That is most likely the start of your troubles.

I am currently off the Bungo Suido, in the general area:

I happened upon a fishing boat along about noon time on February 1, 1942, so to stir things up a bit, I shot a torpedo at it from 2500 yards so that it would "see" the track and "fone home", which it did. About an hour later, I saw a medium tanker purposefully zigging around my position, so I gave chase. While enroute, another sonar line is reported of a warship closing. I got to the tanker just in time to put three into it, spread across about a minute's worth of time so that there would be plenty of time for it to radio in and for me to get far enough way. That's the way it happened. I Saved in the middle of the attack. I Saved after the attack. I have now Saved again, it is 2000 hours, and the Kanamaru has been running in circles in the general area since at least 1300. Rather persistent, but was only maybe 2800 yards away at the closest, when he first approached the sinkings area. The "hunter" actually split the difference between where I had sunk the fishing boat, and where I had sunk the tanker... most interesting...

but no airplanes, and no other response to my presence, other than I do know a small convoy left Bungo Suido out the other side of the channel back at about 1530 hours, and I did not attempt to chase it... I'm now back on the surface, charging batteries, and I'll probably have to wait for daylight again for the possibility of finding airplanes... If you can get me any info or a pic of that plane Larrywb57, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote