View Single Post
Old 12-04-19, 09:16 PM   #13
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher55 View Post
Thank you kindly - that was exactly the information I needed. Downloading the last recommendation for now. Did I read on another thread that once a mod is installed, it wont be applied until a new career campaign is initiated...and will not go into effect in a "load game" from a previously begun campaign or career? I just made it to the Jap coast and hate to start over....
The differences between the Stock game, and Webster's GFO are for the most part minimal, and most likely will not cause you too many issues. However, if you are using the same game install for use with a new mod, you are generally better off to empty the game's "Save" folder, which defaults to "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4". Since the game runs off of the Save folder information, when you clear the contents, it allows the full processing of creating another Save folder, which then pulls in all of the newly updated (mod) files. With some mods, such as FotRSU, if you fail to empty the Save folder, you will end up with a mixed-up mess that will barely run, and most likely crash on you. So in the future, when changing mods, it is best to do so when finished with a previous career, and by clearing the Save folder information.

One way around that is to use multiple game copies and MultiSH4 to create unique Save folders for each game copy. I have several folders for each of my FotRSU installs, of which one is the current version, one is the previous version, and one is the next version as it's being worked on. So I have "FRS" for the current version, "FRP" for the previous, and either "FRN" or "FRX" (depending upon my mood ) for the experimental next release... but I also have a TMO and RFB and RSD and OM and FOM, etc... Thankfully, I have a lot of hard drive space for all of my SH3, SH4 and the lone SH5 installs... - ~BUT~ I still have to empty the Save folder if I'm going to change the mods much in any of my myriad SH4 copies...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote