View Single Post
Old 05-26-20, 01:14 PM   #1109
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mios 4Me View Post
What does the Camera mod in the Extras section do? The Support TOC won't open on my system and there's no readme in the folder. Thanks.
With the mod copied to the MODS folder, if you hover over the mod name, it will describe it. There is also a "Pak_AddInMods_ReadMe.txt" for the whole package in the Pak_AddInMods folder. What it does though, is restore the beta v0.75 camera... btw, you need a pdf reader to open the files. Either that, or Windows is being very restrictive... may-haps you have a ten year old also?... :wink:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
A small problem to report Mr beanie.
The GroupName=RabaulShuffle in the 42b_Jap_Convoys mis file is missing a "[" in all the RndGroup entries.
Below, where you mention finding that the 10 y.o. helped you on your computer? Well, I had already looked and didn't find what you saw, but I did find an issue with two [RndGroup 39] sets of entries, which usually does not bode well for the 2nd group to function, so while I am setting-up for a few other additions to the mod, we'll go ahead and work on a v1.2 of the mod, which will be backwards compatible, and will correct a few things like two #39 groups... -

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockheedliang View Post
Am I the only one getting the impression that this version 1.1 has more tendency to CTD when loading saves compared with earlier yet not necessarliy leaner version say 1.004?
See KaleunMarco's posts about the Save folder needing to be emptied!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrywb57 View Post

On the Navigation Map, the star's name was 'location name in game' as to where my destination was upon leaving my home base of Pearl Harbor in a new command offered and accepted, USS Tambor (USS-198), which is a Tambor class boat. The mission was 'Patrol East China Sea off Shanghai.'

This is what happens when a person fails to remove the "default" text from a MapLocation... sigh... Corrected, and for the next release... - Thanks for the heads-up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockheedliang View Post
Anyone facing the same problem of Dec 1942 patrol not being able to be started due to "Error: No Primary Objectives Found"?

I tried to solve this issue by transferring to new fleets. Nothing happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
did you delete the entire SaveFolder area when you upgraded to 1.1g?
that is a table-stakes task.
the whole folder and set of subfolders must go.
the first time you launch 1.1g, SH4 will rebuild it.
- Also, be sure that you have something like the LAA set on the SH4.exe file correctly, so that Windows does identify the game as being Large Address Aware...
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
please provide more details:
boat type
base
date
config from JSGME (tasks submenu)
~and~
Definitely need details, or we cannot begin to try to recreate or trace what may be happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
I don't know anything about the v1.0.1.g_EN you're using KM, the GroupName=RabaulShuffle is in my 100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.1_EN.

After looking through the SH4 folders I've noticed there are loads of files missing, I couldn't risk not re-installing everything again so even Windows is gonna be done again, that will teach me to never let a 10 year old loose on the PC again.

Windows 10 is installed again, now its time for my programs to be re-installed.

Sorry for any confusion I might have caused.
You can tell the 10 year old though, that thanks to their "editing" of your files, we did find an issue with that 42b_Jap_Convoys.mis file...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote