View Single Post
Old 07-07-20, 02:59 PM   #10
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
Driving the USS Narwhal (SS-167) out of Midway, May 1943.
we drew a photo recon at Hiroshima.
Awfully close to Japanese home islands.
we dodge two exiting convoys, hide out overnight (day, actually), sneak into Hiroshima harbor, start taking photos and nothing. i bet i took 10 photos but no success for the Objective.
i saved and exited and reviewed the dotMIS file (Photo Honshu 4) and we should have had a successful mission on the first photo. i know photo missions can be funky just like this because i have experienced this in the past.
anyone else have this difficulty with this mission?

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\TMO_2_5\MODS]

1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5
1.5_Optical Targeting Correction 031312 for TMO 2.5
1.5_OTC for 16 to 9 Aspect Ratio_TMO
That is basically a "Stock" mission KaleunMarco, and has "35" as it's points for the foto, which means you need a ship with at least 350 renown awarded. If you go in there early enough, a Shokaku Class should be about dead-center of the area. There is a BB just to the west of it, but it is outside of the area, and will not suffice, as most ships in the area will not. They have to be within that circle. Part 2, I would set that "35" to "2" and be done with it. Even the Asashio then would be good enough... Be warned that if you have "duds" enabled, you might shoot a boat-load of torps at them, never get an ASW response, and never sink either of them... very strange... but I did get the mission to complete by reducing the points required down to "2"... never did get it to go with the points at 35, even with the Shokaku there...

@3catcircus, look in the sub-folders of the OTC mod

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 07-07-20 at 03:31 PM. Reason: hmmm - forgetfullness
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote