Old 06-28-11, 02:13 AM   #13
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@SSB:
Quote:
No no, you got it wrong.
Your surrender patch does not work with any unpatched sh3.exe but it does with the inofficial NoDVD sh3.exe which was previously patched to h.sie's V15G1 mod [this is what Hitman asked].

Do you understand what I [and Hitman] mean?

The version of starting sh3.exe doesn't matter anymore since the outcoming sh3.exe is always identic...
Sorry, my error for not understanding you. That (always using Hsie's V15G1 patch) is how I thought it was supposed to be originally!

@Hitman:
Actually, the work of H.sie (especially) and to a lesser extent of myself, must be giving SH3 a new lease of commercial life, since it is obvious that many previous owners of SH3 are buying new, SF-free, DVD versions of SH3 especially to use H.sie's patches. H.sie's distribution method (patching the user's legitimately owned copy of sh3.exe) ensures that Ubisoft is losing no sales from our work.

This work can hardly be subtracting sales from SH5 either. Indeed, one very interesting feature of the dual existence of SH3 and SH5 is that it has polarised the U-boat simulation fraternity into two camps:
Those who want spectacular graphics, and associated modders, go to SH5.
Those who want excellent game-play/realism, and associated modders, go to SH3.
There are a few well known modders, eg The Dark Wraith, Privateer and some ship-builders such as Rowi, who have a foot in both camps (to the benefit of both), but they are rare.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote