View Single Post
Old 08-24-22, 11:14 PM   #17
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Well Steve_i400, I should have said the RND layer, not the SCR... What you are "seeing" (on the NavMap, not on the bridge) is probably this group:

That is just west of Liverpool. Notice the 2x Isle Trawlers as "Leader Entry". Notice also that there is the chance at more. You also would have a minimum of 3 random freighters, as well as a chance at more.

Here is the grab of the scene just before the grouping "disappears on you:

You do have TC going, and it is night. The weather is an unknown factor in your vid. I cannot quite see your distance measurements with the compass... but here is that area in another Mission Editor grab:

Notice here in the "Properties" that the grouping has a 75% chance of spawning every 129 hours (5.375 days). It also has a 10% chance of generating a Contact Report every 150 minutes (2.5 hours). You would think that would mean once every 25 hours, but alas, the game doesn't work like that. You are hitting several reports in a row apparently, then nothing... There are other similar groups also, running similar routes in various time frames. Now, the TC seems a pinch high for hunting, and who knows how far behind you are by the time you are getting the Contact Reports. The group might already be by you. Lastly, depending upon the time frame, they might have radar since they have DD in the grouping, and you are rather easy to "dodge"... But definitely not a Task Force.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote