Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 07-03-19, 06:02 PM   #8325
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

You will still encounter those older orders when originating patrols. They were originally built in Stock and TMO to be generic enough to be used both in the PatrolObjectives (start of a patrol), and in the DynamicMiss (Update Status) assignments. If you look at a few of the "Stock" games mission folders, there are some that have files with a letter "d" appended to them. I've been experimenting with that, and thus far, my results are inconclusive. The "d" files might just be left-overs from a previous update version's "fix" ... ?? kind of tough to test - Anyway, I am going through the files as I get a chance, and we'll add a little message in to the "complex" mission assignments as the boat departs, which should then put it in the radio messages log... Only question is, "does that restore after a game Save?"...

I mention that because I had an idea for a radio station that a player could tune to, and get period and boat specific orders, such as while on a life-guarding mission, such as: "Pounder Leader calling Sallow Face! - Flyers down Lat010°54-12N Long136°12-01. Raft, two occupants!" You can't transmit anything though, but it'd be funny: "Copy that. 2 zoomies in the drink with their floatie. On our way!" Then I was reminded that the radio system doesn't work so well. In fact, it's worse than the sound effects and message system combined. Each time you load a Save, it has to play through all the "Events" again - Even when using RSM... sigh... oh well

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote