Old 08-11-19, 08:39 PM   #8452
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc4ulfate View Post
Sound is every time.
Well-elll... that's different... You're in the Tambor still? Did you have it every time in the Sargo? Did you happen to change the 3D Channels in the Sound Settings page?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldjs View Post
Well make it 2. At first I was avoiding the aircraft until I accidentally forgot to dive when 2 Zeros approached. But, they passed within visual range as was reported by my lookouts but then continued on as if they didn’t see me. Since I had a recent save point, I decided not to dive when they returned. Same result, they just moved on. But when a Betty closed later on I went to radar depth, but the Betty saw me and made a run, dropping ordinance, but missed. This was in 1942, NW of Manila on a mission from Fremantle in a Sargo.
You make three... I did me an old-man nap this afternoon, so haven't had a chance to do much of anything, and now I'm tired and and headed for old-man bed... - I don't want to make every other plane a Betty so you get attacked at least twice a day... - maybe the planes themselves are wonkie, since the Betty seem OK? I'll also try the US planes, and see if they'll attack an IJN surface ship...

Edit: This might take longer than anticipated... I just did a mini-mission with four Japanese planes and my Tambor boat sitting with four US ships nearby. There was a Kyushu Q1W "Lorna" that shows first coming south, and it attacked the lead ship up north, putting a bomb on it, no AA guns for its defense. Then it came for the 2nd ship in line, which has AA guns, so it did one quick attempt at a run but was scared off by the AA (at least, I imagined that ), then saw my sub and came at me. CTD just as it got in gun range. Now, the next plane to show was supposed to be a Kawanishi H8K "Emily", followed a few minutes later by an Aichi E13A "Jake", and then a Mitsubishi Zero A6M2 "Zeke". Camera was rolling, and about the time the Emily should be coming in to view, was when we went dark... more investigating needed. It might have been my computer having been on the last three days, mods in and mods out while I'm finishing up things, could have been the Lorna's guns, could have been the Emily, but... I'll try it again tomorrow evening. The Lorna does attack though...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 08-11-19 at 09:26 PM.
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote