View Single Post
Old 01-03-20, 09:51 PM   #3
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Wow. I missed this one. Sorry von Zelda. KaleunMarco has that correct. We had discovered a couple of years ago (actually, "re-discovered" would be a correct term, since I think it was Gap that originally found it - but I digress), anyway, if you are not careful when using the GWX Terrain Extractor in SH4, especially when saving a file, you can end up with an "overlap" of 6 pixels' width on the edges of each "tile" of terrain in the game, such that you will see four pillars of stone, sea floor to as high as the game allows, one in each corner, and possibly "shoals" throughout the tile border area. That is what we though we were dealing with there. However, no amount of tweaking or editing of the files on that tile "seam" made any difference - in fact, it made it worse sometimes, even causing it to "spread" to other areas at times. So I gave up for now, and raised the white flag, but put the hashed area and warning on the map. You never know when you'll actually run aground though. None of the distortions there stick above the water, but some of them are very steeply raised, and will hole your boat at a 38 meter depth and lower, so do NOT dive around there, and as I say, you might also run aground... It almost looks like a distortion from when the game was made, because it is there in Stock v1.5 also...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote