View Single Post
Old 11-18-20, 07:07 PM   #2211
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

I ran into computer issues the other night, or rather, local utility power issues. We had a bit of a wind "storm", that in most localities would have resulted in minimal, if any impact on the power grid. But around my side of town near Indianapolis, it causes disasters with electronic equipment. I was down for over 24 hours just with the power going off and on for various lengths of time throughout the day. My suspicion is that the same tree that fell into the power lines 3 years ago somewhere nearby, is still resting on the wires. Get a little breeze, get a power outage. Wind blows again, power outage... very irritating.

On top of all of that, it ruined the boot record on one computer, and trashed the power supply in an older machine. Those took me another 24 hours to "fix" between replacing the PS with a spare, and the ChkDsk scanning of five hard drives in the other, and recovering lost fragments. I was in the middle of editing files for the next version, with maybe about 12 windows open with various files when the power started going out. The previous round of power issues trashed the battery in my UPS... not cool, not cool at all... In the meantime, I lost probably about 20 minutes worth of video. The files are there, but they no longer play, so I only have two 10 minute segments, and about maybe 6 in a third vid, that I'll be uploading shortly... again, not cool, not cool at all... Needless to say, we have now lost another several days, and still haven't found why the Tench now crashes the game... can't have that.

Anyway, on Page One of this thread is Post #4, Team and Other Videos, most of them are older, but Wolfpack345 has his "Cinematic" vid listed first, especially since it is way better than anything we've done... lol

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote