View Single Post
Old 06-05-08, 08:38 PM   #24
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Looks good, Neal! I'm still trying to get the money together to get my old '82 Kawi up and running again - I'm hoping to ride her down to the meet in October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens
Harleys? Nah, those are for people who want the image. I'm all about function and engineering. Plus, and no offense to Harley riders out there, H-D has become the Starbucks of motorcycles, IMO. Way overpriced for what you get and every Yuppie on the planet seems to have one.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Harleys are heavy, slow and clunky, and don't even think about riding one across the country. They're to be seen and heard on, nothing more. "But mine goes to eleven."

A great quote from Neil Armstrong, which I saw on a TV show about rollercoasters, of all things: "The only things that compare to flying a jet fighter are a good rollercoaster and a good motorcycle."

And as for comparing bikes to women, I've always remembered this exchange from an old LA Law episode:
Harry Hamlin shows up riding a brand-new hog.
Susan Dey: "I've never seen you with something that powerful between your legs before."
Harry Hamlin: "That's because I've never been on top of anything this responsive before!"