View Single Post
Old 08-14-21, 11:02 PM   #3761
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by william"hawkeye" View Post
All of the installation criteria are satisfied. Save folder is(was) empty, SH4 was not in program-files, LAA was active...
...I'll just reinstall from scratch, actually
Re-installing from scratch would be prudent. Just be sure that before you do the LAA, that the SH4.exe is indeed write-enabled, like this:

Depending upon your system, you might have to go on the "Compatibility" tab of that "Properties" page and do some edits there:

It varies from computer to computer as to what you might have to edit there - but make certain your LAA is indeed set correctly first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2DarkWolf2 View Post
I use the original map that came with SH4 ...
... I'll start making a new save file each time and if this happens again I will take a more thorough look around for mines. If the old original SH4 map is no longer accurate vis-a-vis minefields is there a newer intel map somewhere for Fotrsu? I see the in game map accessed with the short wave radio has convoy routes and air cover marked but not minefields.
My SH4 didn't come with a minefield map... - Mad Mardigan and I have been discussing this very subject all day, and for several months, s7rikeback and myself have been trying to come up with a way to display the "intelligence" on the NavMap itself, but all I can get is some crude "artwork" (hey, if Hunter can be called an "artist", then so am I)... Anyway, you appear to be east and south of several large minefields.

As Kal_Maximus_U669 mentions, just make certain you have followed instructions for the game install, mod activation and other set-ups. There are times, especially in the area you are, where there are sub hunter groups, so if you're doing high TC, they could also be attacking. At 1024x TC, every second in real time is over 17 minutes in game time... that's a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMoric View Post
Dammit, I have crash to desktop.

I'm in port and it happens when I want to select the mission map on 11. dec. 1942.

I've tried the save files I have, and it seems like it cannot find a mission to give me.... it downright throws me out into windows.

Other save files from other earlier occasions when in harbour has no problem.

I've even tried changing the boat/crew etc.... but nope.
What mod version are you using? Which port are you at? What boat were you first attempting to take out when it crashed? Did you see the game go to the "Orders" screen? What can you remember of the "Orders"? How are you attempting to change the boat and crew? As I understand it, you are in the Captain's Office, behind the desk, then you click on the map and then crash? Does it crash right away, or does it start to load, you see the progress bar, and then it crashes, or are you seeing the "No mission too difficult" motto, and then it crashes? Can you find your most recent Save folder? This is what an old one looks like on my computer:

I got into there by use of the Win10 short-cut bar in File Manager, else you would see the "true" path of "C:\Users \propbeanie \Documents \147 \data \cfg \SaveGames" From the "147 on down is the "Save" folder structure. I changed the "SH4" Save folder name with MultiSH4. We are only interested in the most recent Save, so copy that and paste it somewhere else (don't cut -copy). Now, right-click on it and using the 7-Zip menu, "Add to archive". If you have a place to upload the zip file to, such as Google Drive, or MediaFire, DropBox, etc., upload it, and PM me a link to the file please. OR - look inside the folder yourself, and open the "CareerTrack.upc" file. You can right-click on it, and use "Open With", and look for "Notepad" in there, or if you have Notepad++, it will be on that context menu with "Edit with Notepad++", and you could use it. We'll need to know the line "PlayerCurrentObjectives=ID94" line, which is usually about Line 35. the "...IDxx" usually would be different from "94", because that is the default assignment, in case something else goes wrong with the game... With the IDxx, we can attempt to see if there is something incorrectly set with the mission file.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote