Old 07-08-22, 12:18 PM   #1441
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
Herr Kaleuns,

be advised that there is an unexpected logic error in the Black Sea Flotilla home ported in Contanza, Romania.

when you reach the end of the life of the port in August 1944, you should be ordered to scuttle your boat and retire. instead, you are given a Type XXIII, still based in Contanza and when you shove off on your next mission, SH4 takes a CTD.

if you reach this point, definitely refuse the boat upgrade and end your career.

i'll have to take a look at the logic again and try and figure out what we mis-calculated.

Check the "Command" dates, versus the Base dates, versus the Type IIB dates. I thought we had done a "fix" for that, but it probably did not go out in time for the v6 mix. Specifically, the Command (ID=30Flotilla") has
AvailabilityInterval=1942-09-21, 1944-09-01
While the base Constanza has
AvailabilityInterval= NULL, 1944-08-25 pre-dating the Command
and the Type IIB submarine has
AvailabilityInterval= NULL, NULL
In effect, what happens, is that the boat with the NULL, NULL follows the Base date of 1944-08-25 and is terminated then. However, since you are still assigned to "30Flotilla" (the ID line) for the actual Command, you then are in need of a Submarine with which to patrol in, so the game, out of the kindness of its heart, grants you a new one... even though it is an inappropriate assignment and there is no base from which to sail again, the game did in fact, give it to you, and has therefore "done its job". So what if it causes a CTD? meh

To "fix" it, try the Base itself as a NULL, NULL also, so that both the boat and the base follow the Availability of the 30Flotilla Command... maybe... - If that does not work, then change the date of the 30Flotilla to 1942-09-21, 1944-08-24, a day earlier than the Base's demise... I am almost positive though, that the "fix" was to do the NULL, NULL... ??

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote