propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas View Post
Thanks for the mod!
I see easy aob is being used, nice.

So, i played 3 patrols, my first time with fotrs, and at first i crash dived when detecting airplanes but i was surprised on the surface by airplanes and decided to stay on the surface: they do not attack, now it happened like lots of times that they pass very close and don't seem to see me, weird, everything else is working perfectly until now. I am on a s boat.

One other question, i modified the days spent at base in basic.cfg but the game it seems is not reflecting that, so this is correct place to modify that? i searched with google but i couldln't find an answer. Or that was for sh3 and obsolete?

Thanks!
Use the Data / Cfg / UPC.cfg file for the Days In Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas View Post
Bug:
Ok, so i don't know what happened but the deck gun crew dissapeared after installing an AA gun (20 mm) and a refit of the same.
I went on patrol and no slot for crew on deck gun.
I tried removing "AdditionalRepository" in that file but i can't find this text in that file.

Also, like i posted, aircraft didn't attack even when passing right above me,
The airplanes had a combination of issues. Some of the planes had a "custom" AI_Visual call that was missed, in spite of the "custom" dat file having been removed. Simple oversight there on several of them, hence they could not "see" anything... Probably made take-offs and landings interesting... - In addition to that, there were several planes that had issues with their Loadouts, either in the definition or the call, or both. Therefore, some of them could "see" you, but could not attack. Didn't even have an empty Coke bottle to throw out the cockpit... - and some planes just refused to do what we wanted... All of that has been re-worked for the next version, which is being put together now, and has advanced the version numbering scheme beyond comprehension ... fingers crossed for a new version in just a few more days.

As for the deck guns. They were 'cemented' in position, under the hope that an update would not cause any issues. This apparently has introduced a new problem. When you did your AA upgrade, there was probably already a deck gun upgrade that the game 'gave' you. When the game attempts to upgrade the deck gun, the one that is placed on the sub already is not editable, so therefore the game goes ahead and puts the new one in the empty deck gun position. ie: You have a submarine with an aft-mounted deck gun. When it comes time for the 'upgrade', the aft-mounted gun is seemingly "write-protected" and cannot be removed, for whatever reason. The fore-mount on the submarine is empty, so that's where the game puts the new one. Unfortunately, the positions are no longer there, but the game doesn't care, and once again overwrites what the modder intended... - Once we get the new version out, that will be wrenched on, and we might end up with the player having a choice once again for deck gun placement, and probably still losing the crew slots, but at least being able to recover from it... maybe... lol -

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote