View Single Post
Old 06-11-20, 12:04 PM   #1287
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 443
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbcrutch12 View Post
Actually I remember exactly although I'm not really sure why? It was "Sector 7" just NE of Takanabe. The lat/long of the star would be about 132°10'E and 32°3'N.
This is why:

with your description of where you were, which Bungo Suido or Bungo Straits would have worked also, but the more detail we get, the closer we can get to finding where you were when an issue is encountered. In this case, I can now look at the boat assignments in the Flotillas file, making certain all the "I"s are dotted, and the "T"s crossed, with proper use of white space and commas and colons... Then I can go look in the PatrolObjectives file, based upon the call from the Flotillas file, and make certain there aren't anymore typos in that file, of which we did find a half-dozen just the other day, based upon another user's report. We may well have already fixed what you have encountered, and I might have decided that it is not a CTD-bringer, but it is apparently... After you have the patch applied though, if you have a Save prior to docking after your 2nd patrol, you could use that, and be able to then continue. Otherwise, unless you know how to find the assignment in the Save folder files, and properly correct it (I usually ruin my Save data whenever I try), you would have to "do over"... sorry. KaleunMarco and a few others are old-hands at doing stuff like that, but I am worse than inept...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
I wonder if using high TC over x1024 in acceptable conditions (no traffic nearby, not in a port vicinity, no airplanes), if this would result in targets not being found or contact reports not being sent to me...
The use of "high" TC (what is considered "high" in this game??) can and does cause issues with all aspects of the game, resulting in some odd behavior. However, 1024x was long considered as "safe" in SH4, except on the weakest of machines, and 2048x used to be FotRSU's highest setting, then raised to 4096x. I do not recall what it is now... I do not go over 2048x myself, because I have had unexplained issues during testing when going higher. This is most likely a function of my machine's set-up. This is an old Core2Duo, quad-core at 2.something GHz with 8gig of RAM and 2x (plus) WD Black 7200 rpm hard drives and an nVidia GTX 560Ti video card, going into a 1920x1080 LCD monitor. I have seen things "flash" for that brief moment in time while in higher TC, and when I finally get my finger on the <Backspace> key and look, I have taken damage and the enemy is gone - whatever it was... But, I have also found that when I have been sighted by an airplane, that it might be a couple of days before I get "contacts" again. I did not think that was "modeled" in the game, but it sure seems like it sometimes. One last point though, is that it is very difficult to balance the campaign for the "in between" periods, where the game goes from the 42a to the 42b to the 43a layer, etc, and you can have "quiet" periods between the end of Feb 1942 to mid-March, again between Sept 1942 to mid October 1942, etc...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote