View Single Post
Old 09-23-19, 04:01 PM   #734
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by succerpunch View Post
Okay so I manged to run the game at 1920x1080 with no problems. YAY.

it all works now.

Just a few other bug/things I noticed while playing:

• In the recognition manual the default nation is Japan. it is possible to make it Britain or merchants?
  • Under British ships in the manual three cruisers have white images, the "Dorsetshire Heavy Cruiser", "Kent Heavy Cruiser" and the "London Heavy Crusier".
  • One of the missions I get given is to photo recon freemantle in Australia...?
  • If I start in the 1st Flotilla I get a Type 2 Uboat, when it gives me the option to upgrade my boat, it gives me another Type 2 and when it gives me the option again it gives me another Type 2... it is April 1941 and I still have a Type 2. It would be nice to upgrade to a VIIb or VIIc.
  • When I get promotted all it says is "MESSAGE N/A: Unit retired & Good player performance." which doesnt make sense.
  • When you submarine is hit and sinks to the bottom of the ocean but the damage is repairable you cant repair. you bounce up and down until you sub is really broken and the game ends, is there away to stop damage from bottoming out or just stop the bouncing part because it happens at 1x compression.
I will post more things/bugs as I notice them.

edit: is there away to go to the SH3 style of targeting.?
You can also choose from several subs at Kiel, so long as you choose the correct Flotilla. There should not be any "upgrades" in OM, other than to one of the new boats late-war, other than an occasional gun upgrade. There are however, transfers. Did you empty your Save folder (C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4) or use MultiSH4 to make a new one? You have to clear that out, else you'll have a mish-mash of game files. The message for them "retiring" you is rather cryptic, but it means that you did good, but there are no more missions to give you for the boat, Therefore you are "retired"... We'll try to change that phrasing.

The Mission "photo recon freemantle in Australia" is a "fall-through" when the game cannot find a valid mission to assign. What boat were you in, what was your home port or base, what was the date, and do you remember your previous assignment?

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is online   Reply With Quote