View Single Post
Old 03-14-17, 08:45 AM   #4218
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
That's an odd sound propbeanie, and s7rikeback....almost like compressed air escaping.

However, I've never encountered it. I've started many new Campaign "starts" to confirm equipment/upgrades lately, for all of the possible years.....never heard that before.

I've also got my recent Single Mission with the Yubari for checking hydrophone use, its not in it either. But I'll admit, I've not tried the other Single Missions as you did in the video. I'll download the latest FOTRSU when RR puts it up with the Asashio Skin Fix, but that sound isn't on my computer, that I can tell for now?!? I'll have to do more looking to see if I can get it.

I'm on my "Day of Duty" (babysitting the grandkids), so I'll not be able to run a complete check until later this evening. But, its odd I've not run into it before?
Oooohhh, "Call of Duty: Day of DooDee"... that can be a tough one if they're younger, but if able to Throne themselves, and hopefully wipe, nuttin too it... Spoil 'em for a while, teach 'em some new sailor talk, like "Emergency DIVE! EMERGENCY ~DIVE~!!!" and other things like that, send 'em home...

I made that Single Mission just to put myself close enough to Truk. That's where "The New Sound" is found... I've got another vid I'm trying to edit for brevity and illustration. If I put my boat outside the 10' mark East of the whole degree just East of Truk (my brain is bubbling up, trying to fahrt, and I can't remember the number), whether surfaced or submerged, I don't get the sound. If I put the boat just West of that 10' mark, I get the sound, whether surfaced or submerged. If I travel West from that mark East of the 10' mark, I can get the sound to "sound-off", but I haven't figured out the circumstances yet. I tried the old-reliable "Crash Dive!", but that's apparently not it this time. I got it to do it with a regular dive the first time through, but it wouldn't do that the 2nd time, so I'm "studying the film", trying to see what I did differently... Hopefully by noon, I'll have the video up, and let everybody else see if they can see what I can't... The date for this single mission Capn is April 27, 1943, but others have gotten the sound on other dates too, and they all seem to have something to do with the proximity to Truk. What's going on in the area, don't know yet. I've eliminated traffic in the area, changed mods, etc., but the only move that seems to make a difference is the distance from Truk - thus far, that is. Thing is, it doesn't always do the sound...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote