View Single Post
Old 08-14-20, 06:00 PM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

"Dateline August 15, 1945: The U.S. Department of the Navy regrets to inform you that orders issued into your care, dated approximately August 10, 1942 were in error..." lol

But seriously, yes the game does decide as you dock as to your next mission. This is inline with the "fix" they made for the "repeating missions", wherein the player could get stuck in an endless loop, sort of like Ground Hog Day, and being assigned the same mission orders time after time after time. There is no mod to "fix" what you are experiencing - IF - that's what you are encountering.

Now, there is also the possibility that the files are messed up (since it is RSRDC and lurker, I doubt this), but anything on top of RSRDC has the potential to cause troubles. If you were assigned an East China Sea mission, those are the "fail-safe" missions, that if the game cannot find an applicable file for your next assignment, it will try to assign you one of those ECS missions...

Now, all of that said, this is one of those instances where you disobey orders, and head for the Atlantic. If you are in Pearl (and forgive me - sacrilege - I have forgotten the TMO / RSRDC bases), you would head for San Diego, then the Canal Zone, then the East Coast, then across the raging Atlantic to Scotland, stopping for fuel at every available location, because you just never know. It behooves you to find your "most economical speed", and use that exclusively... You will not find very many targets enroute, but keep your eyes pealed, and sink what you can - no friendlies, and no neutrals though!... coming in with nothing is better than a negative number any day! Good luck, and good hunting! When they are finished with you on the wrong side of the world, be sure and come back, ya hee-ahr?...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 08-14-20 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Exclusivity!
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote