Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@Captain Wreckless:

Quote:
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)
Stiebler4B_V16B1_Revised

Since they both have to have the modified SH3.exe to work, won't this cause a conflict with using 2 exe files? Or does one overwrite the other and then the unique files in each mod data dir get used.

Are there any files in each mod data dir that will conflict with each other?
The second of the two altered SH3.exe files is prepared from the first altered SH3.exe (altered by H.sie's mod).
And certainly some of the other files will conflict.

However, the files for the Stiebler4B_V16B1_Revised patch are intended to overwrite H.sie's earlier files. Therefore, install first the H.sie patch with JSGME, then the Stiebler4B patch with JSGME.

@BigWallEye:
Quote:
there is no entry 4834 in the menu_en.txt file in my download of h.sie's patch. The numbering just skips from 4833 to 4835. I put in "4834=Incoming torpedo!" at that point, but I also checked for "Smoke on the horizon!" and it isn't there either - and I don't know the proper number for that entry.
You are correct, H.sie's patch lacks the entries 4834, and other entries used by the Stiebler4B patch.
The missing entries can be found in the Stiebler4B patch folder Stiebler4B_Additional_files_V16B1, then look in file ADD_to_your_en(de)menu.txt for these entries.

Concerning 'Smoke on the Horizon':
For technical reasons, this message is hard-coded in the Stiebler patch, and there is no German language equivalent. Sorry about that. However, the sound message should be in German.
For the same reason, German players must endure the English message 'U-boat destroyed' in the 'Surrender' addition to the hard-code, with no German equivalent. I have been unable to discover a method to add a sound file in English or German to the Surrender mod.

@La Vache, SquareSteelBar:
Points about the German translation noted. Many thanks to both.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote