View Single Post
Old 09-21-15, 05:01 AM   #195
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

I seem to have missed a couple of queries while I was away on holiday in August. Sorry about that.

@Fahnenbohn:
I've just answered your PM on the same subject.

For the benefit of others, the German opinion was that shallow waters caused Asdic to detect U-boats less well, therefore the function of my Asdic mod is (I think) correct. In the mod, the asdic functions less well when the waters are shallow, not when the U-boat is near the bottom of the sea.

@Henri II:
The asdic mod alters dynamically, as the depth of the sea changes.
There is no easy way of testing the mod except by results. You can only check your AI_sensors.dat file in a program that reads .dat files (eg the freeware XVI32 Hex Editor program) and check that the values are correct after alteration.

@Meridian:
This is one of those instance where I'm being asked to comment on other peoples' mods: in this case one by MaGUI and one by H.sie (periscope fix).

The short answer is that I have no idea what has caused the problem, but if disabling the periscope fix enables you to play with MaGUI in place, then that is the solution.

However, I admire greatly your perseverance in trying to narrow down the problem. I wish that some others would do the same. (This comment does not apply to my answers to Fahnenbohn and Henry II above.)

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote