View Single Post
Old 04-03-20, 06:49 PM   #672
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltos01 View Post
Just read in lockwoods book that a sub, tresher by millican, got the 5inch gun from v3 in 1943 in Australia, is that possible ingame?

Got post 666 yeah!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hauangua View Post
Ciao keitos hope can help

"Thresher’s 11th war patrol (this one under command of Duncan C. MacMillan, Class of 1926[18]) took her to the South China Sea south of Formosa. While cruising on the surface on 10 January 1944, Thresher sighted a pair of masts, low on the horizon, and quickly dove to avoid possible detection. Coming to periscope depth soon thereafter, she approached cautiously, keeping in mind the ship may have been the advance screen of a convoy. The contact proved to be a 150-ton trawler. Thresher battle-surfaced, commencing fire at 6,000 yards (5,500 m); the trawler sank after Thresher expended 45 5 inches (130 mm) shells, 1,000 rounds of ; and 770 20 millimetres (0.79 in) rounds". (wikipedia)
We'll give it a shot, if I don't run out of time in this @#$% set of campaign files... The ME keeps changing things on me, and my eyes are changing things on me, and the raccoons that got in the attic and didn't want to leave upset me, and besides, the sun got in my eyes!... but we'll give it a go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
Quick question:

If you already have FotRS installed, can you delete the save games folder and still play or do you have to completely uninstall?
I do not understand your question the beast... The mod is applied by JSGME of course, and if you want to go back to stock, or do a different mod, you have to use JSGME to de-activate FotRSU and then activate the new mod (or not, if doing Stock) ~and~ empty the Save folder. The game runs quite a bit off of the Save game folder, so any change in JSGME will often also require an emptying of the Save folder... ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
a question

the climate in campaign changes very little. I installed the megamod and little change in the weather. Is it a bug?
The mod makes no changes to the "weather", so it is like in Stock and most other mods, as the beast mentions, along with TC influencing it. Another of the things about the weather that we must remember, is that it is influenced by a few things, such as if you Save the game, when you reload your Save, the weather "counter" will re-set. In other words, if it started storming several hours ago and you Save the game, when you re-enter the game through that Save, it will be like the storm just started, and you'll have to wait the whole cycle to count all over again before the game "rolls the dice" to attempt to apply another chance of a weather change. Just like flipping coins, there is a chance that it might not hit a "change" every time the weather change time comes along. Damage Repairs to your sub are similar, in that, if it takes five hours to repair a devicde on your sub after a depth charge attack, and you then Save and exit at 4:59 and then Save and exit, when you next start that game with that Save, you will have to wait five hours for the repair to be completed. Also, do not "shell-out" to Windows by use of the <Alt><Tab> or <Ctrl><Tab> key combinations, or any of the <Windows> key combinations, to do other things on your computer. SH4 is an old game and expects "static" addresses for the Windows resources it uses, such as the video and audio streams, and when you take the focus off of SH4.exe, Windows can and does re-assign those resources for the app (or desktop) you went to. When you come back to the game, it will at time have several issues, with stuck weather being one of them, but you might also see the CO2 gauge stuck and you crew asphyxiating, or other anomalies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesn9 View Post
the findings;
FOTRSU v1.004.a.
Tambor boat out of Midway 3rd patrol (actual patrol.)
Had orders to Area 4 standby. Arrived, got sink & destroy anywhere orders.
Hung around the mouth of the bay and picked up 13,000 tons.
Got orders to go to area 4 Sink & destroy for 5 days. (already in zone)

Saved game after getting the new orders. (May 23, 1942) all was OK.
patrolled around for 2 days looking for targets. Did 1 save on May 24, another save on May 25.
Had enough fun for 1 day, exited to main menu, then to windows (Win7 64bit)

Came back the next day:

Loaded from May 25.. gauges at 12 O clock high.
Back to main menu, loaded May 24 gauges at 12 O clock high
Back to main menu, loaded May 23 all ok

I don't know if it's been noted before, but the gauges on the bottom right were always pointing correctly. Gauges in control room are the problem
You are the first to report the same from Midway - but as Blue the dog says: "A clue! A clue!" Actually, I suppose it's actually Steve (Joe?? Josh??) that says it... Thanks

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote