View Single Post
Old 09-03-19, 09:02 AM   #22
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Do you see the opening screen when you start the game, and then nothing but "black", or is there nothing and it holds? or do you see a "flash" of an attempt at starting, and then back to the desktop? Depending upon where you are in the Windows 10 update process, and if you have an nVidia display card, it might be that the display driver will need to be rolled-back. Refer to THEBERBSTER's GPU Driver Roll Back To A Previous Version if your symptoms match that. Otherwise, in one of my SH4 copies on my Win10 laptop, trying to start the game would get me a "flash", and then go right back to the desktop. I had to de-activate all of the mods (FotRSU and mod work files), emptied the Save folder (C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4) and re-activated the mods. I had to re-set my game's screen resolution and other preferred settings, but it started back up just fine afterwards. Other copies, I had no issue, which I do not understand. Just make certain your Windows desktop display settings match the "recommended", which is your LCD display's "Native" resolution, and that you have the game set the same in the Options menu. You might also find that Windows has changed some of your file associations, especially for older "legacy" applications. Very frustrating.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote