View Single Post
Old 12-12-20, 01:17 AM   #13
CassiousClay
Mate

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by derstosstrupp View Post
Are you a member of the Subsim Discord server? Some night we should connect on there for a screen share and I can help you with some of these items.
I'd really appreciate that level of help but I avoid Discord. Steam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickents View Post
this would be good for him, I have spent a far bit of time on steam voice with him trying to teach, but maybe I don't explain things clearly enough, sometimes it's not the student's fault but the teacher's fault for not being able to explain in a term the student can understand and memorize
You're instruction was awesome and very much appreciated!!!
My bad memory is at fault for why I can't consistently do it. I'm not doing one of the steps or something. I wish I would have recorded video of it so I had something like that to go back to and ID the things I'm not doing that's causing the failures. If I get a chance to do that again with someone I'd like to record it so we don't have to do it again.

We didn't cover the attack disk and RAOBF which is fine with me. Those tools seem really accurate. There's obviously other ways to do targeting without using them. Are they as quick as using the disk tools? Are they more accurate? And of course I know it comes down to what works best for me personally of all the ways there is to do it. So far what you showed me, Sickents, is a way of doing it I'm comfortable with. If only I could remember or ID what I'm screwing up...
I'm not sure I want to learn how to use the Attack disk but I'm not going to throw the idea of learning it out. I've seen people say the RAOBF and attack disk are quicker than measuring and timing and calculating but the length of videos I've seen of people using them say different.

Some videos are a few short minutes. Others are an hour+ I have a hard time sitting through and watching all of.

I was just watching this one and it doesn't make any sense to me where he's getting the numbers from.

I know this is the SH5 forum. Examples. The games are similar enough aren't they? It seems targeting and plotting a course is the same basic concept in all these sub sim games.

His screen is drastically different than my SH3 GWX3 (Gold). I don't have that chronometer at the top right on my screen it's just the ship info note thing and my buttons and dials aren't in the same place. Is it a different ship or different mods than I'm running?
I know it doesn't really matter where the dials are knowing what they do and how to use them is the important part I don't know and need to learn.

Then the my memory sucks thing. I can't remember everything explained in a 14 minute video when I'm playing to apply it.
CassiousClay is offline   Reply With Quote