View Single Post
Old 08-06-20, 03:32 PM   #54
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

There again, that could be a mod conflict with the torps passing through. Remove the Upscaling Textures and try that Submarine School mission again. I get detonations fine in my set-up, I just have a more difficult time sinking ships, probably doubling the amount of torpedoes needed. I have a TestCareer mod that I use to "salt" my Patrol results (for FotRSU testing), and there seems to be a little something "off" in it, but I still get detonations with it, though nothing will sink. I used a whole Salmon Class boatload of torpedoes on a single merchant, and while I did manage to kill the engines, and set it all afire, it never did sink. When I removed that TestCareer mod, ships sank again, though more slowly than "normal" - which is NOT unrealistic. However, like I mention, I am shot at almost immediately by every weapon a ship has available, and at about twice their normal reaction time to the actual firing... which again, might just be the interaction with FotRSU. As for your non-detonating mag trigger torp, that would be just like the impact triggers, in that there was no "collision" detected, hence no detonation. I have not tested the Pre-Pearl mod, so I do not know if there are any changes that might affect FotRSU...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote