Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 01-12-17, 06:57 AM   #3469
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

I dunno. I'm not at all familiar with 3d graphics, but I've always imagined vector lines, like lines of sight, perspective, determining how "close" something appears. You give the game an image, and the engine draws it... Your game is pulling a different image from somewhere. Your Etorufo has a gun. The one in FotRSU has a what appears to be a rocket launcher. I cannot remember what TMO's is... You somehow keep the stock version... and then it draws it incorrectly, like you're looking at it through the periscope from several thousand yards... Bootcamp doesn't do it though, correct? Is there a Wine update available for your particular set-up with the Lion OS? It sounds like a "No" from what you say... In order to play in BootCamp, you have to re-boot the machine, don't you, and that defeats the purpose of being able to just go from your graphics app or word processor and saying: "Buggers, this it getting old. I'm going to play me some SH4!" and off you go, correct?

Edit: One interesting thing I've discovered, and it ~might~ have some bearing, maybe - is that the _O01 texture is the same in Stock, TMO and FotRSU... All of the "O" files are 512x512 that I've opened thus far, while the SC_Subchaser's is at 1024x1024... I'm going to do me an experiment... boo-ah-ha-ha-ha-ha <mad scientist maniacal laugh>...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 01-12-17 at 07:26 AM. Reason: experiment
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote