View Single Post
Old 07-08-23, 12:16 PM   #258
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

No two computers are exactly alike, so you might still have to experiment with the Properties settings on the SH4.exe file. Back on page 15, I posted one of those pictures Post #216, and if you look at the top mini-window that is gotten to when clicking on the "Change high DPI settings" button, at the top is the "Program DPI" section, which actually the "Scaling" settings. You could try ticking that top box for "User this setting for scaling problems..." and then choose "Whenever I open this program" in the drop-down for "Use the DPI that's set..." section. I have to use that for my 4k display when running the game at 1920x1080, since Windows then wants to "scale" things for me, and misses badly...

Both the Steam game and the Ubisoft version install the DirectX v9.0c files for you, so that should not be the issue. If however, you are modding the game, and are in the default Ubisoft install folder of C:\Program Files (x86), then Windows is trashing any mod you might be applying, and that can also cause issues such as you describe. You want to install the game in a folder you have created yourself, such as "C:\Games \Ubisoft...", and then Windows will not bother your game. The Stock version of the game will not have this issue.

If however, you upgraded your Windows 10 to Windows 11, you will have to re-install the SH4 from scratch. It is NOT a modern game by any stretch of the imagination, and has multiple issues after an upgrade of the OS. Uninstall the game, and delete the C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4 folder to eliminate the Save folder data, and then re-install the game. That should then properly register it with Windows, and hopefully, all will be well in the SubSim world then...

btw, the board is being a bit finicky about your posts, showing only this one, but the "counter" says you have two... So if it is your first post, "Welcome to SubSim!" If not, perhaps a "nice silent run!" is more appropriate?? Perhaps Aktungbby can suss it out?? Either way

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote