View Single Post
Old 03-23-24, 12:12 PM   #5896
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313 View Post
Ah, no something else wasn't pinging me so then there is something funky going on. OH BOY.
Well... Looking in my v1.8, there are TWO entries for the N01 node on the midget (the "N" stands for "soNar", and "H" for "Hydrophone")... sigh - one does indeed have a "LinkName=Type93-1A" sonar associated with it... Both of the sns calls show dating of "StartDate=19380101" and "EndDate=19451231", which should have been "flagged" in our error checks, but is somehow missed by all our little "checker" apps for that... sigh - Thanks for finding that and giving the report! We do want them to have hydrophone, so that they can "follow" you somewhat, but NOT sonar. Also, be warned that when they go Ahead Full when chasing or running away, they will submerge somehow, and possibly manage to get off a shot at you. I had one spiral down to about 100 foot before it "died" - it is, after all, a surface ship in the mod... Also, they are "hardy" little buggers still, in spite of us lowering the armor values on them. They usually do not do the pool cue ball trick anymore, like in Stock, but they sometimes do not "die" right away with a torpedo hit either. Also, you might have to hit them more than once with a deck gun... Go too far with edits though, and they sink in storms.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote