View Single Post
Old 10-24-20, 09:16 PM   #2057
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 441
Uploads: 2

I may have found the issue, but I do not understand the "what, when & why" of it, but at least we know the who & where... sort of. But this seems to fall back to the MaxSpeed of a given group, and the old files of FOTRS (basically TMO) violating the "Speed=" setting at the waypoints. I am going to have to knuckle-down and figure-out a script to run through and find the "violation" speeds, which generally is anything over 9.6 knots, but not always. There are some group made of specific ships that would not violate a MaxSpeed setting, but a percentage of the groups do. Why it is always a Split Merchant that gets left behind, I do not know, but maybe it has something to do with their small size... ?? The ship is able to make 12 knots though, and most of the groups that violate are only doing 10 knots... The "easy" way would be to change the minimum speed of a couple of the ships, and the problem is solved... which will be the way we'll do it for the next release, and then see what the groups do after that. But the only "offender" I could find that would result in a Split Merchant where the beast encountered one would be Convoy Group 13, in the GENERIC Merchant calls...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote