View Single Post
Old 09-11-19, 10:13 PM   #3
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

To detail what KaleunMarco said: You know where to find the main part of the submarines and some of their associated files. Their conning towers are in the Objects folder. Their guns (and sensors) are in the Library folder, and the USSubParts folder in that. The UPCData / UPCCrewData holds the crew upc files and the UPCUnitsData holds the individual sub's UnitParts and global files for weapons etc. One little extra space, comma or overlooked semi-colon (for comments), and the file can trash what you have. Save often, and save duplicated. The dat, sim, zon, val, cam, & dsd files require either hex-editing or the use of Silent 3Ditor for editing. Most of the others are text-based.

Using a search engine with "site:subsim.com/radioroom Subject Detail" can find threads on the site that may help. There are some modders that have left a lot of info on this site. I usually end up chasing rabbits, but it is still fun to search. Perhaps you'll figure-out enough to do a write-up on the subject and share?... I always seem to get lost and create CTDs whenever I try to edit in those folders...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote