View Single Post
Old 04-10-12, 02:12 AM   #664
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Whenever I start a new career, the U-Boote Heraus load screen gets almost to the end and I get a CTD.
Seems like a problem with one of the campaign files (campaign_lnd/rnd/scr.mis).

However, it is unwise to stack different super-mods on top of one another. Apart from any other consideration, they all share a common series of files in My Documents\sh3, which are unlikely to be mutually compatible (trying to start from different base locations, for example, might explain your problem). So you could try making a back-up of your existing sub-folder My Documents\sh3, then delete the original sub-folder. SH3 will then recreate this folder for its current set-up.

Nevertheless, as a principle, you should always make a fresh installation of SH3 for each supermod. If you have a copy of the original game, you will also need to patch it with the 1.4b patch, available fom Ubisoft, but all subsequent releases (since about 2006) have this patch already installed as part of the game. If you have several partitions on your hard-drive (eg drives C: D: E), then you can install a game on each.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote