Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 05-22-19, 09:26 AM   #8181
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

That is what I was getting at. At night, no scope up, I was at PD, just for the experiment, and the 2nd plane put a bomb right on me, like he could see the night as day. Seeing underwater during daylight hours, I can "see" that, but at night? The only possible answer would be phosphorescent water, made visible by my prop, but I was at Ahead 1/3. Very little water disturbance. We are looking into it. How certain are you it was Judy bombers that got you? I'm doing a re-make of my old plane lineup test mission, and they can all spot me deep during the day, but it varies depending upon the plane and the angle of attack, but they almost always see me at PD, and sometimes down to 120 foot. Once I'm used to which plane shows when, I'll turn it into a night time mission, and see what happens. CapnScurvy has mentioned before that the game at times seems to have the daylight / night messed-up, and if you are in career mode, been out on patrol for a month or so, and have varying levels of TC used, the day / night cycle might be off, but in a Single Mission, that cannot happen within a 24 hour period, much less a couple of hours of gameplay... What I'm looking at is the air strike cfg, but you don't want to apply a blanket "fix", if it's only one plane that has issues...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is online   Reply With Quote