View Single Post
Old 10-24-19, 04:46 PM   #8
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Well, I purchased mine from Ubisoft US store a few months ago, to install it on this Windows 10 laptop, but my receipt says "Ubisoft", not UPlay. It does look like the "store" has changed quite a bit since. Here is the current link for the US "store" for Silent Hunter 4:

https://store.ubi.com/us/silent-hunt...tml?lang=en_US

The lower right has a "reminder" that it is included with UPlay Subscription, and has a purchase link for that. It really makes me wonder what they would have done to their licensing - and also "Why!?!?" and "Why now??" - what would they have done to cause the issues described??... There used to not be any restriction in the license agreement - of which I have not read lately... but that may have changed the most. They used to encourage modding...

I am watching their site now, because it is getting close to that time of the year when Steam, Amazon and Ubisoft put all sorts of their games on discount, and if they do, I'll try the SH5 download from Ubisoft / UPlay (not the trash subscription) and see how it goes (or likely doesn't) on the Win81 laptop - I do NOT want to ruin my current SH4 set-up, nor my Steam SH5 with TWoS both running just fine on the Win10 box - at least, until the next Windows or Ubi or Steam Update...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote